6. The Prince & The Plunger

I arrived in the lobby with the twins after school.

"Oh, why do you always give me a wedgie on the bus?" Cody frowned after having been a pain for a while.

"Because we can't afford a cab," Zack replied.

"I wish you'd stop doing that," I shook my head at him.

We approached Arwin, the janitor who was an aspiring inventor. He always tried to use some of his inventions to help the hotel function in many ways.

"Hey, Arwin," Cody greeted him.

"Hey, guys. Remember those remote-control cars you had that broke?" Arwin asked the twins.

"Yeah," Zack nodded.

"Uh-huh. Well, I used some old pipes from the air conditioning and turned into..." Arwin lifted a red sheet off a cart, "Rumblebots!" he hollered.

I remembered the boys having remote-controlled cars. Uncle Marion didn't allow them in the lobby. The upgrade Arwin gave the cars made me think of the robots people made for robot fights.

"Excellent!" Cody smiled.

"Arwin, you rock!" Zack exclaimed happily as he took his Rumblebot.

"Yeah, I know I rock," Arwin smiled as he set Cody's bot next to Zack's.

"Uh, guys. You don't want my uncle to catch you operating these," I pointed out.

The twins didn't heed my words. Instead, they operated the Rumblebots and raced them until one of them slammed into Uncle Marion's foot.

"I was never here," Arwin told us.

"Neither were we," Zack and Cody remarked in unison as they got under the cart, and Arwin hauled it away with the twins in tow.

I shook my head, seated myself on one of the couches, and started going through my homework assignment.

Later, the twins informed me that Carey had a secret admirer when someone sent her a bouquet and a poem. At the Tipton, words travel at the speed of light. I wasn't too surprised to hear all of it. Maddie guessed Carey's secret admirer was the new concierge named Serge. I didn't think so. A person who was new to an area would want to take time to get to know the place. 

As Carey arrived in the lobby, the twins and Maddie ran over to her expressing they knew who her secret admirer was. At first, she wasn't interested feeling content with the twins, her career, and starting an Afghan blanket collection until Maddie told the former that it was Serge. The trio helped push Carey over to Serge. I lost interest once she started talking with him.

"Looks like Mom's back in the dating game!" Cody grinned.

"And we're back in the video game," Zack smiled and both twins high fived each other.

"It just goes to show you, you're never too old to find love," Maddie sighed happily.

"I don't know honey. When I go online, I'm a twenty-four-year-old named Britney!" Muriel remarked.

Yikes! Didn't know she was a cat-fisher. I thought wondering what else I didn't know about her.

That evening, while waiting for Uncle Marion to finish his shift, Zack and Cody informed me that Serge wasn't fond of kids revealing himself to be bit of a jerk. They pulled me along as they were on their way to find Arwin to see if he could unblock one of their video games. 

The three of us arrived at Arwin's basement office. Neither of us had been down there before. 

"Hey, Arwin," Cody greeted the friendly janitor who let us into his office.