Chapter 18: Secret Us

Start bij het begin

I entered the kitchen to hear dad and Colleen's voices. And also, I saw Christopher over the stove, I decided to search my phone in my bag, taking it out and snapping a few photos of him. From my view, he looked sexy. He was wearing a plain white v neck shirt and his normal dark blue jeans. And after last night suddenly the memories of last night came flooding right back in. I quickly forced myself to snap back to reality and I put my phone away and that's when I decided on coming right to the kitchen to catch the three sitting at the table, except one was unexpected by me.

   April.

      What the hell? Did he actually make up with her after everything we did last night? Because she is looking incredibly happy but also beautiful. And I can see why. It's because she has Christopher as the greatest boyfriend. But is he? Of course he's not or else he wouldn't have slept with me last night. And she has no idea.

     I hid my jealousy. But I wasn't worried about that right now. Right now I was worried of my father figuring out I had sex. Could he read it easily? God, I hope not. I'm just like him. I can read people very easily. Like I'm observant as anyone. I always knew when Christopher had sex because of how much he would glow. And for those weeks him and April were having space...he never had that glow once. Same with Mandy. I always knew when she was having sex with Aaron. Because she would glow and Victoria definitely told me so as well she knew too. And that's when I realized if I can tell and I'm observant then so can my dad.

I was just hoping he doesn't notice. And I guess nothing helps that I'm terrified of being known or questioned if I have slept with someone. And I didn't want my dad to notice anything. And as crazy as that sounds it's the truth. I'm terrified of it. And I had gone directly over to the coffee maker to get myself a cup of coffee. And I wasn't exactly in the mood to face my dad. And so I'm just gonna remain quiet at the table.

And so, I joined my dad, Colleen and April at the table. April was dressed in a red full piece suit that showed her every curve and I hated that she looked perfect. And I caught her eyeing Christopher up and down.

"My sister was literally the Queen of Cheerleading back like four years ago. And my father was candidate back in '94 and my mom well she was a professional Beauty Pageant Queen." April was speaking at the table, and I had just started drinking my coffee, observing the conversation.

      I decided on eating my bagel, which was with cream cheese and a hint of jelly. In which dad was just listening to whatever else April was saying to them. And it sucks because even my own dad is full excited on April and is like her fan. I honestly can't stand it for one bit. And I just wanted to kill April but I relaxed my anger. April of course was showing off with her voice and with her story about her family that I wasn't interested in hearing. But then she went into this conversation about her sister, Autumn.

   Kill me already!

      And then Christopher came over and he didn't realize I entered the kitchen. And he had sat down eyeing me. I casually didn't return the favor because his girlfriend was in the room. I just wish that Christopher could just have me alone and me only. How am I to compete with his girlfriend? With that drop dead gorgeous beauty queen? How could I? Does he even notice my jealousy? Or how hard it is for me when I badly love him. Even after last night. But I hope he doesn't push me away like last time. Does he regret it?

   "...my sister always gets air sick and it's funny when she flies she always takes Xanax. But my sister can be a clone of Britney Spears sometimes." April said, leaving Colleen laughing with her.

Don't you mean your a Britney Spears clone, April?

The conversation switched quickly by Colleen who had passed Christopher a glass of orange juice. And I just admired everything that was being said and talked about. April's hand was nicely bracing Christopher's forearm which spoke the beautiful lovers. And I hated it.