A Night Off

It's been two days since the avatars press conference and it's my night off. It's the first time in a while I get to see a pro-bending match that doesn't feature the Wolfbats. I get to see the Fire Ferrets and I'll spend time with Mako and Bolin, of course. I put on black pants and a blue short jacket with a dark blue shirt underneath. I fill a bottle with water and put it in the inside left pocket of my jacket. I adjust it so the opening of the bottle slightly pokes out a small hole in a corner of the pocket, so I can easily open the nozzle and draw the water out. I tie up my hair and head out of my apartment. When I get to the arena, I enter through a side door I always use when I work. I walk in and start looking for Bolin and Mako. While walking around, I hear a familiar voice behind me say, "did you pay to get in here, little miss?"

I turn around and smile as innocently as possible. "Yes sir. Absolutely." I say in my most goody-two-shoes voice I could muster. I look and see Toza smiling. He holds his arms open wide and I give him a hug.

Toza laughs."It's so good to see you again. Such a beautiful girl you've grown up to be."

"Toza, I was literally here three days ago and you saw me." I explain.

"But I haven't seen you come here on a leisure visit and not guarding your entourage."

"Zolt hardly likes to give days off, and please don't call the Wolfbats my entourage." I say, shivering at the thought of actually being friends with those slime bugs again. "Oh, I also got this for you." I pull a roll of money from my pocket. "It's a personal thanks for not telling the police what the gang does." I put the money in Tozas hand. "Trust me when I say they won't even notice it's gone."

Toza looks at me, then down at the money. He sighs and says "The only reason I don't tell anybody is because I don't want you getting in trouble. You are too good for those men in the Triple Threats anyway. I wish you would do something safer and leave them." Toza has always kinda acted like an uncle to me. It was nice to have family outside the gang. But I'm sure he's also scared for me because I'm with the Threats. He was in with them before so he knows how scary they can really be. 

"We've talked about this, Toza. They're the family my dad wanted me to have after he died. They take care of me." 

He shakes his head and sighs. "I know, but if you ever want a job here, I'll get ya one." 

"Thank you, Toza. I appreciate it." 

"Oh don't let this old man bore you anymore. You're here for Mako and Bolin, right?" He asks.

"Ya, you know where they are?" I ask.

"They're upstairs getting ready. But when you see them tell them they start in fifteen minutes." Toza says pointing down the hall behind him to the door that leads upstairs.

"I will. Thanks Toza." I start to walk past him but he catches my arm.

"You gonna get him this time?" Toza says, looking me in the eye.

"Get- get who?" What is he talking about? Is he talking about someone who's got a hit on them? Is he talking about Bolin? And how I like him? How does he know? I haven't told anyone! "Who are you talking about?" I ask with mild anxiety.

He searches my eyes for something. "Hmm. It seems not." He let's go of my arm. "Careful, he won't be available forever." 

How does he know?! Blush spreads across my face. "Y-you... how did- I mean, I don't know what you're talking about."

Toza shakes his head. "Go." He says, shooing me away. I run down the hall to the door that leads to the attic. As I approach, Bolin comes through the door. 

My chest tightness and expands as I breathe in sharply to release the tension caused by excitement. He's wearing his gear and is holding his helmet in one hand. He's already buff but the added gear makes him look even bigger. His thick hair looks good brushed back with a single curl dangling on his forehead. As he closes the door he looks my way and he smiles brightly with excitement. He's so expressive and I love that. "(Y/N)!!!" He shouts.

"Bolin!!!" I run into his arm and he swings me around while we laugh.

"I haven't seen you in ages. It's so good to see you." He says as he sets me down.

"It's good to see you too." I say as I smile and my chest tightens again. "Are you ready for tonight?"

"I'm a little nervous but I'm totally ready. But how do I look?" He asks while posing "Strong? Intimidating? Gorgeous?"

We pause in a moment of silence, then we burst out laughing. He always makes me laugh. "You look amazing." I say kindly after I finish laughing.

"Thanks." Bolin blushes bashfully like he always does when he gets a compliment. It's kinda cute.

"Oh, the match is going to start soon, we should go. Where's Mako and Hasook?" 

"They went somewhere but they said they'd be back. Let's head to the ring." Bolin says.

"Ok. Then let's go." I say, leading him by the arm.

"Ok ok, I'm coming." He says with a smile and I smile back.