So Come on Part 2

The next morning Teyana, joined her family for breakfast. Chris was looking at her funny and sneakily. Her eyes than wandered onto Dave who was cutting his pancakes.

"What?" Teyana said when Chris wouldn't stop. She completed her plate of pancakes and sausages with blueberries before sitting at the table.

"You nasty," Chris said, shaking his head at his sister.

Dave smiled while Teyana felt embarrassed. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

"He told you?" she looked at her older brother.

"Yeah, I told him," Chris answered. "Next time find a hotel or something. I don't need to hear my sister being freaky."

"First of all," Teyana bucked. "You're just mad 'cause I had Beyonce for myself. Dave, did he tell you he missed working on their project 'cause he was blowing up the bathroom?"

Dave put a fist to his mouth as he started coughing.

This time Chris was the unsettled one.

"No, you conveniently left that out, man," Dave told him. "He made it sound like he left the room for a minute and then Beyonce was gon.'"

Teyana threw a napkin at Chris, who was just a year younger and they all laughed, even Chris.

"So was it good?" Dave asked his sister.

Meanwhile, Janelle wanted to know the same from Beyonce as they got ready to go out.

Beyonce smiled, curling her hair with the wand iron curler. "Yeah, it was decent."

"What was it like?" Janelle said.

"She's aggressive like me."

Janelle turned quiet just then.

"Oh, no more questions?" Beyonce turned away from the vanity to look at Janelle. She raised an eyebrow. "You look flustered."

"No." Janelle denied, shaking her head. "I was just thinking about something. That's all."

Beyonce just chuckled, turning off and unplugging her curling iron. Janelle stood up, grabbing her clutch and then the two were on their way.

Beyonce's longtime friend Missy was having a party for all the friends she hadn't seen while out she was out of state for her music career. She embraced Janelle like they knew each other when Beyonce introduced them.

Janelle didn't really want to be here, but Beyonce insisted she get out the house beyond a reason related to work or academics.

From when she was a child, Janelle was raised in a household that prioritized education. It wasn't that Janelle's parents had wanted to deprive her of fun. They had drilled in her that she would be successful in life if she took her studies seriously. To make up for a lack of the typical social life that her peers did, Janelle involved herself in clubs, which made her quite popular. Janelle was that person who people claimed could become president one day.

"Have fun, okay?" Beyonce said to Janelle.

Janelle nodded. "Where are you going?"

"Janelle, I can't stay attached to your hip all night."

"I didn't say you did."

Beyonce didn't know how to respond to that so she changed the subject. "Text or call if you need me."

Both girls went their separate ways with Janelle going to the kitchen for a much-needed drink.

"Janelle?" someone called.