━━━━━

Samantha peered into the shed, immediately catching sight of the bloody handcuffs near the wall. She recoiled, disgusted that another human was placed in cruel circumstances. He truly had been a caged animal.

The others came rushing out, worry on each and everyone on of their faces. Nathan was the last, his figure halting as soon as he saw the empty shed with secrets sticking upon his tongue. "Is Randall gone?" He already knew the answer.

How long has he been gone?" Hershel demanded.

"What's going on?" Carl joined.

The camp was buzzing with confusion and fright, their emotions causing Samantha's anxiety to burst to life. They all knew this was a dire situation - Randall had been taunted and tortured with, and the result of that would most possibly be vengeance. Samantha wouldn't blame him if she were right.

Questions were being thrown left and right, the survivors being desperate for answers. She was trying to come up with a logical explanation for this.

But then came a shout.

"Rick!" She turned to the voice and saw her brother barreling out of the woods. He called again, "Rick!"

As he came closer Samantha let out a faint gasp. Blood was trickling down his bloody nose, his face bruised. "Oh my, god!" She shrilled, heading towards him. "What happened?"

"He's armed! He's got my gun!"

Her stomach dropped and she felt like she was going to be sick, but another emotion formed; surprise.

Randall was scrawny, clearly weighing less than her big brother. How had he taken Shane, out of all people out?

"Are you okay?" Her godson asked.

"I'm fine," Shane answered. He stopped next to her, his eyes on Carl's worried little face. "Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face."

He seemed to be speaking quickly, his whole demeanor frenzied. Immediately Rick took his role as the leader, quickly guiding his people to safety.

"All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back to the house," He pointed to them. "Nate, I need you to stay watch," Her best friend hadn't taken his eyes off of Shane, but noticeably nodded. "Glenn, Daryl, come with us."

"Wait, I'm coming with you too!" Samantha sprung into action.

Shane whipped his head to look at her. "Like hell you are!"

"Watch me." She challenged.

"We don't have time to argue, Shane!" Rick snapped. "Get everybody back in the house. Lock all the doors and stay put!"

But before they could begin searching the trees, a hand stopped Rick and pulled his shoulder. Nathan was whispering something into Rick's ear, his lips moving at a rushed speed. Samantha the leader's face shift, but before she could read it it went back to its previous expression.

The two pulled back, and Rick sent Nathan a nod. Samantha turned to Shane, who had his dark eyes on the soldier.

They entered the woods hurriedly, her brother immediately starting to explain what had happened.
"I saw him head up through the trees that way before I blacked out," Shane gestured to the direction. "I'm not sure how long."