Chapter Fifteen

ELLIE'S POV

He knew...The whole time...He knew that Nate knew and...

'You knew...And you didn't tell me?'

'Ellie...Let me explain'

'Go ahead. Try to explain this Ruel' I stand and brush my skirt and start to walk away but you feel his hand grab my arm before pulling my body into a passionate kiss. 

I missed the warmth of his lips against mine as our lips moved together before we both pull away, my heart skipping a beat as my eyes make contact with his, 'Let me make it up to you'

I raise my eyebrows in surprise and interest, 'Basketball court. 3pm tomorrow. Please'

I sigh and nod before his hands let mine go we both head back into the party.

I walk with my hands in my pockets, nervous as I approach the basketball court where Ruel was shooting shots.

'Boo! You suck! Get off the court!' As he hears my voice he turns around with a smile, drops the ball, and starts to run up to you when he throws me over his shoulder and runs around the basketball court

'Don't diss my basketball skills'

'What skills?' we both laugh as he tickles me and we both fall onto the grass that was beside the basketball court

'Can you imagine if the sprinklers started going off right now?' he asks into the air.

'What are we? Troy and Gabriella or Romeo and Juliet?' 

'Who's Troy and Gabriella?' he shots me a confused look and my mouth drops

'Are you serious? You have no childhood!' I exclaim

'I'm kidding!' we both chuckle as he rolls over to his side, 'But we are definitely Romeo and Juliet'

I roll on to my side to face him as I stare into his hazel green eyes for some time before he leans in. I roll back onto your back, refusing the kiss, 'You ain't getting these lips that soon Van Dijk'

'Worth a shot. I mean, Romeo and Juliet kissed within 2 sentences of talking to each other'

'I guess we aren't in a Shakespeare play then,' I shurg and he sighs

'I wish we were,' I roll onto my side to face him again, him turning his head to look at me

'Are you sure? You know how the play ends, right?' we both laugh and I stand up before extending my hand to help him up from the ground, 'Come on. Teach me your ways of basketball. I've heard your quite the player'

He grabs my hand as I help him up before walking back over to the basketball court and I grab the basketball. 'OK, you wanna bend you knees and hold the ball like this.' he comes up behind me to hold my arms up so that our bodies are pressed together and I can feel his breath on my neck, 'Spread your fingers out like this so you can get even balance'

He fiddles with my fingers as I laugh and he smiles at me, 'And bend your legs and let go like this,' He helps me push up the ball and go into the hoop before I jump into his arms and smile, 'That was so good!'

'I know' I smirk and shrug

He smiles and collects the ball, 'It's getting dark... Want me to walk you home?'

'Yeah, sure.' I reply

We walk a couple streets together, joking around still and making small conversations. I stop at the end of my street, 'We should probably stop here...I don't want my parents seeing you drop me home...I said I was going to the library to get a book...They should've known I was lying'

He chuckles and nods. 'Anyway I can get that kiss?'

'Not tonight' I reply

He holds my hand and brings it to his lips. 'Goodnight Juliet'

I smile at my phone as I read his message and reply back quickly telling him that my parents were going to out of town tonight and if he wanted to come over, he could because Joel was at a convention.

It soon became time to say goodbye to my parents as I quickly gave the all clear to Ruel. I smile as he climbed through my window and started to help me unpack boxes. I started unpacking my clothes as he unpacks a box with my decorations in it but as I hear him stop moving around I turn around. 

He was looking at something, but I didn't know what. He turns around to reveal him holding a framed picture of one of the selfies he sent me. I make eye contact with him, blushing, 'You know you're really cute by the way.'

I smile at the ground as I feel him come closer to me before I see him pull out his phone to show his lock screen. I break into a smile as I see my goofy face appear on the screen. He smiles down at me as he leans down and our lips meet for the first time since the party. We smile between our kisses as I pull away and lead him into the kitchen to get pizza for dinner. 

He spent the night at my house and waking up to him was just like old times. I smile at him before you both jump at a familiar voice, 'Ellie? You awake? Your door's locked but there's pancakes here'