Chapter Forty Eight

Start from the beginning

Because im too afraid he might not want to be around me anymore.

"M-my dad an-and his friends h-h-hurt me."

I look down and bite my lip.

"And what about your mom?" I sigh. "I haven't s-seen her i-in y-years." He sighs.

Both of us dont move for a few seconds. He really does hate me.

"You d-dont have t-to stay w-with me i-" seconds later i feel a body engulf me into a hug.

"Im never leaving you oscar. I swear I'll protect you for the rest of our lives."  I smile, he doesnt hate me.

After about 10 minutes of hugging he sits down, not letting go of my hand.

"Can you tell me about it?" I nod slowly.

"R-Remember when i h-had to le-leave lesson early? Remember wh-when i s-sa-said i went to G-Greece for a y-year, and r-remember how ab-abby said i had a s-secret? This is it. M-My dad u-used to t-throw p-parties. He would t-take me o-out of school to cl-clean and bu-buy alcohol for hi-him. His f-f-friends would d-drink and smoke and ev-eventually the pain b-begins. Him an-and his friends wo-would either hurt me or- or" i begin to cry.

I've never told this to someone before. I don't look at him, just focus on the roof.

"They w-would r-ra-ra." I look away, the words physically not being able to leave my mouth. "Rape?" I nod slowly.

"T-they'd do it o-often. I w-was 9 wh-when th-they first d-did. They'd h-hurt me and t-tra-traumatise me so m-much and when i tr-tried to run aw-away, they'd c-chase me through a f-forest with guns or-or bats and do wha-whatever they c-could to k-kill me. Up unt-until recently they-they've never c-caught me, but when they d-did they, t-they tried to k-kill me. As-Aside from the p-parties my fa-father would h-hurt me as of-often as p-possible. He'd also ta-talk about s-selling me to ol-older men in other c-c-countries looking for a h-house boy l-li-like me."

Luke stays quiet, just continues to squeeze my hand.

"Thats w-what happened t-to me. They c-caught m-me luke. He t-took me some-somew-where and h-hurt me more th-than ever. Im s-sorry i never t-told you. I was to-too scared."

"Don't apologise. You're so strong oscar. God i cant imagine the pain you went through. And on top of that you had peter hurting you? And... and when we broke up. Oh my god... Oscar im so sorry. You don't deserve any of that. Thankyou for telling me. I promise I will protect you forever."

I smile sadly and lean back.

"Im g-glad you know n-now. Its been h-hard keeping it in-in. P-please dont t-tell anyone ab-about the las-last part. I-I've never t-told any-anyone that." He nods and squeezes my hand.

"Of course, I love you so much angel." I smile softly, finally looking at him. He has tears streaming down his face.

"I love y-you too." He stands up and hugs me. I sigh, relaxing at his body warmth. He pulls away and crouches to my level and smiles. "God i've missed your beautiful face." I smile as he gently pulls me forward into a soft kiss.

Our first kiss in months...

He smiles as we pull away and sits down. "Can I ask you something?" I nod slowly.

"When you told me you was at the bakery the night my secret got out... what happened?" I stare at my hands.

I... I can't.

"I t-tr-tried to um, I t-tried t-to k-k-k." His face falls.

"Oh..." I watch him, but all he does is stare at the ground.

"I'm s -sorry." My voice comes out all shaky.

Maybe thats the breaking point for him.

Maybe now he realises he doesn't want to be around the abused kid.

Maybe now he sees the angel as not so angelic.

"I-it wasn't y-you-your fault. I w-was go-going to do it b-before we br-bro-broke up." This time, he finally looks up.

He's fully crying.

"Promise me you wont ever do it, I beg you promise me that Oscar." I smile softly.

"I promise."

And I really did mean to keep if.

"Y-you look n-nice when y-you cry." He laughs and wipes his eyes. "Thats such a backhanded compliment. But I suppose it's a good thing, I've cried a little too much recently. Which by the way i'm pinning on you to get rid of this acne. You was in a coma and still managed to keep your skin smooth? It's your job now to figure out how to fix my blotchy face." I laugh softly.

"A-are you ok?" He stares at me before finally smiling and nodding.

"Im fine whenever im with you angel"

Angel.

He's called me that ever since we met.

It's kind of ironic don't you think? Calling me angel this whole time while he didn't know how close I was to becoming one.

I laugh softly.

"What?" I turn to him and smile before running my hands through his hair.

"W-why did y-you f-first call me a-an-angel." He smiles and sits back.

"Because you're angelic. You practically made my heart glow the second I saw you and you're so kind and innocent. I don't know, It felt right in the moment and has stuck. Why? Do you hate it or something?"

I shake my head. "I like i-it." He grins and closes his eyes.

"I love you a lot Oscar, you know that right." I blush and stare at him.

"I-"

"You're the type to truly believe i'm lying or something when I say it, especially after all of this. So this is me telling you whatever insecurities you have, whatever negative thoughts you have, whatever is going on in your life. I love you, and I always will. I swear Oscar."

I feel my lip tremble as I cover my eyes, for once letting myself truly try and believe him.

"I lo-love you s-so mu-mu-much."

"No matter what happens next, we do it together ok? I want you to tell me things whenever you can, if anything happens I want you to be honest ok? I wont ever get mad at you Oscar you're always safe with me. I promise I will protect you for the rest of my life."

I feel my whole body shake as he wraps his arms around me. it's like these are the words i've needed to hear my whole life,

Especially from him.

"Thankyou." Thats all I can say, before crying into his chest, for once feeling as free as an angel.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

FUCK i forgot how difficult and and how it takes to write oscars speech because of his stutter. Sorry if it's annoying.

Anyways thanks for reading!

If i forget to update just spam my comments or dms and I will eventually do it!!!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1942

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3