Chapter 1

To summarize of what happened for the days of December 25 to 28, Miles was accused of the murder of Robert Hammond on the foggy Christmas Eve. During this depressing Christmas Miles was being prosecuted by the undefeated prosecutor, Manfred Von Karma, who was also Miles mentor and at one point in Miles' life considered him a father. Despite the decicive evidence and testimonies given, Miles was proven innocent without a shadow of a doubt with both the current case and the DL-6 incident.

You might think someone like Miles would be happy being cleared out of suspicion, but rather then continuing his daily routine of finishing his paperwork, the so-called-coldblooded prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth was pacing himself around the office.

The date was currently December 29, yet Miles still felt uneasy.

Anyone might wonder 'how was Miles renouned innocent?'. The answer is quite simple. A certain bluffing attorney who took on Miles' case.

The Prosecuter's office went silent with the tapping noises of Miles' shoes as the so-called-coldblooded prosecutor paces himself in a circle. Something had happened that night between Miles' with the man resonsible for his verdict. verdict, Phoenix Wright.

Miles didn't necessarily wanted to be anywhere near the amature defense attorney, not that Miles hates him if course. Miles just feels confuse when ever he's around. Each remark or comment made by Phoenix, Miles would end up feeling conscious and self-aware yet at the same time unguarded.

"It's far to early for me to be stressed" Miles quietly admitted as he's pacing began to slow down. The current time was 10 in the morning, and he was absolutly right, it was to early to be irrational.

Miles walked towards his desk and sat down, blankly starting at the pieces of paper occupying what once was a clean and tidy desk. He couldn't stand to look at the mess, after all he didn't want to become like a certain bluffing defense attorney and have a unorganized desk.

It was somewhat of an strange and intresting phenomenon in which the so-called-coldblooded prosecuter would think of Phoenix. I mean, in his defense it would be hard not to think about a childhood friend who became an attorney just to see Miles. Till this day, Miles finds Phoenix's action to be a tad bit odd but is somehow flattering.

Miles began tidying everything up and place the files in there spot within the kingdom of files in the bookshelves beside Miles' desk. It started of as a simple task of arranging the desk but slowly began to be a mission to tidy up the entire office. It began to clearer to Miles that maybe he was only cleaning as a form of procrastination.

Miles also thought to himself maybe this was also a cooping mechaninsm to forget about what happened last night. Miles sat down for a while and wondered how and why did last night have such a horrible turnabout?

Miles to take a dip in deep thought and wondered what made last night horrible. Miles personally thought it was jusy normal, they simply celebrated for Miles' declaration of inoccence. Everyone was there Maya, Gumshoe, Lotta and even the man himself, Phoenix.

They all went to the Wright and Co. Law offices to celebrate. It was a simple celebration with ramen and a bit of alcohol. The amature defense attorney got drunk and tried to kiss Miles.

Wait.

The amature defense attorney got drunk and tried to kiss Miles.

And with this Miles recalls the mishap that took place last night. Partially, Miles regret having to recall such memories. But on a good note, at least we know for a fact that Miles doesn't suffer from Alzheimers.

From the so-called-coldblooded prosecuter's memories, he recalls the kiss happening and Miles fleeing from the office immediatley. Miles wasn't shaken up by the kiss, he was more concerened at the fact that he enjoyed the kiss.

Upon recalling the memories of these turnabout of events, Miles felt like jumping towards his window and falling to his death.

Miles ended spending the majority of his time contemplating on this matter. Specifically, Miles wanted to know why he had fallen for such an amature defense attorney.

Ringgggggg!

A ring was yelled by the telephone on Miles' desk. Miles picked up the phone only to hear a familiar voice. Currently on the phone was the man Miles had foolishly fallen for and was also the man Miles battles against in court, Phoenix.

Miles, despite being on the phone with Phoenix, was sadden upon hearing the voice.

Phoenix was crying over the phone.

"Uh h-hey Miles- i-is it okay y-you come by the m-my office for a while?" Phoenix was stuttering due to the fact he was currently crying.

"Hm? What for?" Miles ask, not in a rude manner but rather in quite a cautious manner.

"I-i just n-need someone to t-talk to" Phoenix meekly responded.

"Sure thing, I'll be there in a few minuets from now"

"T-thank you" was Phoenix's last response before ending the phone call.

Miles then took the stairs down and informed Detective Gumshoe that he was leaving. Just like as he promised he arrived at Phoenix's office. Due to circumstances, the office had a gloomy atmoshpere.

Miles was extremly hesitant opening the door to Phoenix office, mainly because he wouldn't even know what to do by then. Miles thought that maybe he can help by comforting him but, to be quite frank, Miles didn't how he would comfort Phoenix.

For all of Miles life he was taught to be precies and perfect. But currently facing this situation, he felt unsure with himself and was scared who couldn't do anything to help Phoenix.

'This is not the time for indecisiveness, Phoenix needs me'

Miles realized that it didn't matter, all he needed to do was be there for Phoenix. Just like how Phoenix did for him. Sometime being there for a person is just enough.

The so-called-coldblood prosecutor slowly opened the door, ready to aid Phoenix even if it ment just standig by.