Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is

Start from the beginning

How sweet of him, "I guess I can say the same. I've always wanted a brother believe it or not." You've always wanted a sibling to say the least. However, thirty years back you've always preferred to hang around the masculine crowd. They're fun and normally don't give a damn about 'girl code' and drama and really couldn't give a damn about who's dating who. Therefore, you've always wanted a sibling, a brother if you could choose.

Shun agrees nevertheless. "My house has too many girls in it..." Shun doesn't even like the baby brother he has as of now. Since Ryota has his inseparable twin sister, Shun can never have one on one guy time.

"And my class is overran with boys. Welcome to the club!" In a class of twenty two students, only seven of them are female including yourself. There's such a thing as too many boys.

In the meantime while you await Shoto and Aizawa to take you back to the dorms, Shun and yourself caught each other up. Moreover, Shun told you what he's been doing ever since his amputations. Shun now does school online. He'd prefer to go to public school but it was for the best since in his parents eyes Shun picked one too many fights due to being teased constantly for his public mess up as well as his lack of limbs. When he isn't doing 'homework', Shun spends most of his time at a gym where he can fight to his heart's content and volunteering at police stations since, of course, hero schools won't enroll him and that's his closest substitute to hero work. You're not entirely sure why Shun loves to fight people as much as he does, you won't even dare to ask. Maybe it's a stress reliever to him? Either way, hero work sounds perfect for him and you easily understood why he's still chasing after such a dream.

Once six o'clock rolled around, your dreamboat of a boyfriend had shown his face. Shoto lit up like a christmas tree as it was nice to finally see you in regular clothes instead of hospital gowns and out of bed for a change. The boy held something behind his back as he approached you and pulled out a gift just for you. "I've been working on this for you," in Shoto's hand lied a geometric representation of what you could figure was a rose made of ice. Was it a rose? Judging by how spiky the flower head was, it could easily be mistaken as a marigold instead.

You took the ice flower into your hands and adored the blue hue of the ice. How none of the ice was murky and held a great see through reflection made it feel as if you were looking into glass. It was beautiful in it's own right. "I thought you couldn't make anything intricate with your quirk..." You awed as you continued to adore the gift.

"I can't," Shoto's smile melted away. "I've been working on making an ice rose just for you over the last two weeks."

"You're making great progress," two weeks? That might sound like a long time in most eyes but that's impressive in your terms. It took you years as a child to make anything remotely intricate.

Shoto's faint smile reappeared, "that means a lot to me."

"Better than what I can do," Shun complimented Shoto as he held up one of his mechanical hands. With a sparkling blue glitter, a long icicle formed within his palm. "This is literally all I can do," and so, the boy dropped his icicle upon the tiled flooring without a care in the world where it shattered like a fragile glass into a million pieces.

"I'm sure it's useful in combat," Shoto suggested as to smooth things over.

"If I want to kill someone," Shun retorts.

"Mr. Aizawa is talking with the doctor so we have a few minutes," Shinsou stepped into the room with the most annoyed expression one could give written all over his face. His eyes immediately darted over to your brother in surprise. "I see you're here too Shun."

Shun too was astonished as he continued to stare at Shinsou. Except, one of his eyes was twitching wildly. "Is this that Shinsou guy you all keep comparing me to!?"