gardenia

gardenia flowers represent sweetness and secret love

—————

(Y/N) misses him. Again

The day she told Harry she'd be working ended up not working out. She had been taken off the schedule last minute, with the reasoning of having a slow day. Although she loved that her night was now free to stay home in her pajamas with reality TV on as she studied, she also felt deprived of seeing Harry. Tonight they were going to see each other and (Y/N) wanted that so badly; their text exchanges could only take her so far (she also really just wanted to kiss him and have him hold her again).

When she had told him what happened, she offered to let him come over to the apartment instead. He, very kindly, declined saying he needed to work on some things at the shop (something about order forms and renewing licensing or whatever). (Y/N) felt hurt for the tiniest moment before Harry reassured her with just a single text.

Harry
       I'll miss you tonight. xxx

She knows it wasn't much, his texting style leaving much to be desired as his messages were always short, but it just was so much at the same time. She knew she was going to miss him and all of the daydreams of what she had thought it would be like to see him tonight, but to hear (read?) him say it back to her just made it all better.

She knew work was a priority for him; the business was his livelihood and obvious passion. If there was work to be done, he couldn't just take off and watch silly MTV shows at some girl's house. Walking her home was another thing, with him being gone for forty-five minutes at most before he would be back in work mode. So she understood, she really did, it was just sad she wouldn't see him.

Her next guaranteed work hours were scheduled on the evening of the upcoming Friday (that made it almost a week since seeing one another), and she had let Harry know. He promised this time he would be able to see her, no matter if it was him taking her home or going over to her flat and spending time with her there. Either way they were going to see one another.

(Y/N) really liked it when he promised things to her. Who knew that one of the only people she would come to trust would be the last person she would ever think she would even interact kindly with. And she doesn't trust many people (thanks mom and dad!), so for Harry to even gain even the tiniest sliver of trust from her showed her just how deep in she was.

—————

"(Y/N), there's someone up front asking for you."

Towards the end of her shift at the library, (Y/N) had been given the tedious task of reshelving and organizing returned and misplaced books. She had been going at it for a good hour and a half when her coworker Elizabeth had peeked around a bookshelf and interrupted.

"Who is it?" (Y/N) asked, already setting down the book she had in her hands and going towards the front.

Elizabeth's concerned face and hand on her shoulder stopped her before she could get too far away. "I didn't get his name, but, (Y/N), I don't know if you should go up there. I'll just tell him you left early or something."

"What do you mean?" (Y/N) could feel her heartbeat pick up, thinking maybe Reese had come back or just some crazy, stalker person had come in looking for her.

"He looks kind of scary, (Y/N). He's all covered in tattoos and he looked almost mad when he walked in. I don't know how he knew you were working tonight, but I don't feel like you'd be safe go-"

(Y/N)'s face lit up at the description of the person she knew was Harry. Had he really come by early to see her? "No, don't worry! That's my friend Harry, we're hanging out tonight so I think he came to pick me up. He might look kind of scary, but I promise he's so nice!"