daffodil

daffodil flowers represent new beginnings and rebirth

—————

(Y/N) misses Harry.

It had been a few days since Sarah's show, and as (Y/N) had very wrongly predicted at the time, she was most definitely not over Harry and had instead almost obsessed over the few slightly sweet moments they had. Especially in the particularly slow moments at the library—like now—, did she daydream about what she would hope to happen the next time they see each other.

In her head, he would have made a full one-eighty and been even sweeter than what he had showed at the gig. He'd give her a hug, a kiss on her cheek to make her blush, and would talk to her about anything and not just Sarah or Mitch or anyone that isn't themselves. Sarah had psyched her up just the tiniest bit the other night, causing her to think that maybe he had developed a teeny-tiny crush on her, too. (Although (Y/N) does admit—only to herself of course—that her itty-bitty crush she had on him before has most definitely grown much larger than itty-bitty). She would love for that to be reality and not just a fantasy of her's, but she also feels a shot of anxiety go through her at the idea of him reciprocating her feelings on any level.

She doesn't know how to be a girlfriend, or even a date, so what if she somehow got comfortable enough with him to be something more than just a tolerable person to him. What would she do then? She doesn't know how to kiss really (only having had a very juvenile kiss at her junior year homecoming with a guy her friends had said liked her, and feeling self conscious about being so behind romantically, she had allowed him to kiss her but very quickly broke it off when he tried to add his tongue), she doesn't know how to express her feelings very well, and who knows what else he'd expect of her. But that's only if—if!—he were to ever feel the same way about her.

As much as (Y/N) loves the library—and the money—, she really doesn't think she should be allowed to work when it isn't busy, seeing as she is now over-analyzing a relationship that isn't even real.

"(Y/N), your shift ended five minutes ago. Are you okay?" Her coworker, Avery, asked. (Y/N) hadn't even realized that it was time for her to go, being too caught up in her confusing feelings and overthinking.

"Oh, uh, yeah sorry. I didn't even realize what time it was. Is there anything you need me to do before I clock out?" (Y/N) offered. She knew there wasn't going to be anything that absolutely needed her attention before she left, seeing as there was only one person in the library, a boy she she recognizes from her criminal psychology class from last semester. He didn't even have any books out, or laptop which (Y/N) thought was odd seeing as people usually came here to study or do homework and he didn't seem to be doing either.

"No, you should head out, it's already pretty dark and it's supposed to keep getting colder tonight."

(Y/N) just nodded her head and collected her things at the front desk. She clocked herself out and said goodbye to Avery and headed towards the door.

It was 8:15 (she was supposed to be out at eight o'clock even but that didn't exactly go to plan), and (Y/N) was ready to just get back to her apartment and be alone for a little while and try to sort out her feelings as best she could. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the boy from her criminal psych class—who she vaguely remembers is named Reese—abruptly get up after seeing her exit from behind the front desk. He didn't even have to pack up his things as all he seemed to have was his phone, a pair of headphones, and a notebook that was left unopened. Soon enough he was only a few beats behind her.

(Y/N) knows he could be doing just about anything in the world, and just because he seemed to be leaving at the same time as her could mean nothing. He could have been waiting for someone that never showed, he could have been waiting for a ride, he could have been doing literally anything that has nothing to do with (Y/N), but blame it on her parents and the ingrained paranoia around boys they gave her, but she can't help but feel like this was all on purpose; like he was trying to corner her or something.