Chapter 1: The Assembly

Chapter 1: 
The assembly 

Ricky Bowen and Big Red walk into the East High High School talking about how much of a life changer Junior year will be.

"Today is the day Big Red. It's happening."

Big Red gave him an excited smile, "Hell yeah. Junior year, baby. Might grow a mustache. Might do a lot of things."

Ricky gave him a confused look, "No man, I'm talking about Nini. Today is the day that we start over." 

Red lets out a sigh looking at Ricky, "Summer is a no mans land Ricky, just because she texted you 'Hey' doesn't mean anything."

Over the summer Ricky and his girlfriend, or ex, Nini had a falling out. They seemed like they were in love. They had cut it off after he couldn't say the 'L word' to her after she had told him she loved him. Nini had written a song for him declaring her love and posted it on Instagram, which probably wasn't the best idea.

Ricky pondered the thought, "I think 'Hey' is good. Yeah"

He spots Nini from the hallway and makes his way over to in a confident walk. "Yo, Nini! What's good?"

Kourtney, Nini's best friend, looks at Ricky with a worried expression. "How do you feel about right now?"

They exchange an awkward 'Hey' until Nini asks if they can talk...

"I can't believe this, you're blowing me off for some theater punk you met four weeks ago??"

Nini looked to him, an unbelievable expression on her face, "You kinda dumped me??"

"It was a break not a break-up." He tried to tell her.

"I'm sorry Ricky, but it's a break-up now." She says to him and continues down the hall with the rest of the students. 

Ricky looks around at his surroundings, at the empty lockers on the empty hall as the students make their way to the gymnasium for announcements.That didn't go as planned. He had definitely wanted to leave and go home or just go anywhere else other than the school. But he wasn't a quitter and wasn't going to let this ruin his first day of Junior year, like he said before, 

"Today is the day we start over"

~~

"I am pleased to announce that this year, seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays." The monotone voice of the principle was loud due to the silence of the students.

"This year we have a new drama teacher, that she swore would not cost too much money." A few students perk up at this, looking forward to something better than watching the water polo team.

Ricky sighs while glancing at Nini in the crowd, noticing the way she looked at the new drama teacher and how her face lit up about a new musical.

 "Why, Big Red, do things have to change?" 

"Some things never change, dude. I've been wearing the same socks for three days." Red nonchalantly states while Ricky gave a look of disgust and scoots over a bit.

A loud "GO WILDCATS" is yelled through the gym while the new drama teacher pulls out a t-shirt cannon and launches it at a kid is doesn't even attempt to catch it.

"When i heard that the school where 'High School Musical' was shot had never staged a production of High School Musical: The Musical...." Students begun to whisper to each other as she spoke, thinking that this would be a great opportunity. The bells rings for lunch and all the students get ready to go eat.

~~

Ricky and Red sit at a lunch table watching the scene of Nini and her new boyfriend EJ, play out right in front of them. "Dude are you seeing this?" Red asks him, even though it pretty obvious that he can't take his eyes off the scene.

 "I'm seeing it', I'm hearing' it and I'm hating it."

 "I can't believe it, she's dating EJ Caswell."  As they look to the couple to see them practically on their honeymoon in the cafeteria.

Red looked slightly confused for moment before saying, "Wasn't he dating that senior Cassidy Park?" 

Ricky thought for a moment, "Cassie Park" he corrected,  "And yeah they were dating for about a year, I wonder what happened."

As if on cue Cassie walked into the cafeteria, Red noticed her walk in and nudged Ricky on the shoulder, "uh oh six o clock." They both turned to see her standing in shock, watching her ex and new girlfriend get cosy. She made slight eye contact with EJ before she looked down at her lunch tray.

Ricky felt a little bad for her, sure he didn't like EJ and definitely didn't want to watch them interact either

Ricky felt a little bad for her, sure he didn't like EJ and definitely didn't want to watch them interact either. He glanced at her again and she looked at him.

 He gave her a slight smile knowing how she felt in the moment and she returned one before retreating from the lunchroom,  looks like she was going to eat lunch outside today. 

HI everyone, so i am going to end the chapter here, it was more of a filler chapter so we will get to see more of Cassie in the next chapters and see her interact with everyone. And to clarify, yes she is a senior so she will be 17 to 18 years old!