Chapter 2: Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

The Auditions

"Would you love me for the hell of it?"

Cassie Park was at her locker when Ricky Bowen walked up to her.

"Hey Cassie." Cassie gave him a weird look, the two had never spoken more than a few words to each other.

"uh.. Hi Ricky, do you need something?" He took a bit of time to respond, he didn't want to say the wrong thing and strike a nerve. "I just wanted to see how you're doing, since you know our exes are dating and all." he chuckled.

"If I'm being honest not too great. But if he's happy then I guess it shouldn't matter right?" She stated sadly.

"I mean I guess but that doesn't make it hurt less. When you spend so much time and effort on the relationship just to have it end like nothing ever happened. I believe that that kind of love doesn't go away." Ricky zoned out a bit while saying that to Cass, thinking about his own failed relationship.

Cassie chuckled a bit, "Are we still talking about me and EJ?" She knew of Nini and Ricky and how their summer breakup went down. And now that she was currently dating her own ex boyfriend.

He gave a small smile to her as they walked together to Computer Science, the only class they had together.

"I want her back. I'm thinking of auditioning for the musical later, I even took the movie from the library." He took the disk from his bag and showed her.

She laughed "Have fun with that one Ricky, I'll be your moral support if all goes well."

He thought for a minute, "Why don't you audition too?" Her eyes grew wide, "Oh no no no- sorry I only sing in the shower or when no one is home."

"Oh come on, please. That way you can help me out, keep an eye on EJ?" He pleads.

"I don't know Ricky." she really didn't want to, but she had to admit, she wanted him back as much as Ricky wanted Nini back. "Okay fine but I am only trying out for ensemble."

He put her arms over her shoulders and gave her a squeeze as they entered the classroom, "Hell yeah, let's get our exes back."

~~

"Ladies and Gentleman a reminder that the audition for the musical will begin in the auditorium in five minuets."

Cass stood up with her books in her hand and turned to Ricky, "Hey come on we have to head over to the auditorium." He began banging on the keyboard of the computer he was using.