He really thinks that much or he's just slow at processing things?

"Any business rival?"

"Bad past relationships?"

Only one person that came to my mind.
"Xavier King..."

"She was dating Xavier King during college." I tell him. He must be knowing him.

"What happened between them?", he asked.

"He cheated on her." I stated.

"I see..."

"You don't know Xavier King?", I asked him. It was strange to know that he doesn't know who Xavier King is. I don't know much about him either but he is pretty famous, that's what Reign told me.

He scratched his chin stubble with his thumb.
"That name...", he squinted his eyes. "... it rings a bell but I cannot remember...", he said shaking his head side to side in negation.

"Did she date anyone after him? You know, like his friend or someone?"

"No, she hasn't dated anyone since then..."

"But he cheated on her. Why would he seek revenge if he did bad to her?", I ask him as it didn't fit well with me. Xavier was the partner in fault in their relationship because of his infidelity.

"There could be many reasons, Sir." he relaxed back into the chair as he tapped the hand rests with his fingers.

"If I'm not wrong, Alexander? He's a Hollywood actor and he's her brother right?", he asked. Alexander is pretty known in South America.

"Is she close to him?"

When Reign and I were in good terms, talking terms rather, she would always mention Alexander. Those two are close, they share a good sibling bond unlike me and my siblings. And after talking to Alex today I certainly know that he cares about Reign a lot.
"Yes, apparently. Why?"

"He should know precise information about her life if I start investigating. I cannot walk on the wrong path to the truth. That will only prolong the process."

"You will get to interrogate Reign soon." I reassure him. As a detective it must be bothering him for not getting a chance to talk to the victim.

"But as of now fly to New York today and meet Alexander."

"He will fill you in and help you with everything regarding Reign. He'll give you access to everything."

"And call me anytime, anywhere if you find out anything. Do not hesitate to call me at any hour."

He nodded and gave me a sincere look.

I leaned forward and bore dead into his eyes.
"And none of the information should get out, Rafael. Nothing of it. It should only be between you, me and Alexander. Not even Reign."

He nodded.
"I will get to the bottom of this case in no time, Mister Silva." Saying that he stood up.

"My assistant will make all the arrangements for you. Everything you need will be provided to you."