1

Tap, tap, tap. That's the only sound that filled the room. The boy repeatedly smacked the end of his pencil against his desk to help him focus.

"Why do we even need to learn Latin? English is easier than this!" Jungkook groaned, staring down at his paper with a frown. He really didn't understand the language, and he was stuck with an entire school year of required studying of it.

He stumbled over words when he tried to read them out, often misspelled things and could hardly form a sentence without looking back at his notes for help. It's been months and still no improvement has shown.

He's used flash cards, watched videos on YouTube and even stayed after school for tutoring. Yet his grade in that stupid class was plummeting the more time went on. The highest he's received on a test was a 72 percent. He hated when he couldn't be good at something. He would ridicule himself and it made him feel dumb.

He was getting so frustrated by just thinking about it that he dropped his pencil on his desk and pulled on his hair, squeezing his eyes shut. He muttered out some random, angry gibberish.

An unfamiliar sound was heard. He was too caught up in his frustration to pay it any mind.

"What do you want?" A voice spoke up.

Jungkook's eyes shot open and he screamed. The impact of his shock ended up with him falling backwards out of his chair and landing on his carpeted floor. He groaned and rubbed his head.

"That was...interesting. Can you answer my question, though?" The male voice continued.

Jungkook looked up in pure horror. Standing over him was a pale, scary man. He'd never seen him before. He definitely had that serial killer aura to him. Jungkook screamed again. The man blinked.

"If you're just going to scream the whole time-"

"W-Who are you?! How did you get in my room?" Jungkook screeched, backing himself up against his wall. He turned to his bookshelf and pulled out heavy books and started chucking them at the figure.

"Do you mind?" The man groaned, stepping back. "You summoned me and then you throw books at me?"

Jungkook stopped mid-throwing his geography textbook at him. "What?"

"What?" The man raised his brows, brushing off his shirt.

"Did you say I summoned you?"

"Yes."

Jungkook started screaming again and hurled the geography book at the male. The man groaned loudly and put a hand on his rib cage. Jungkook kept throwing stuff while screaming "die, Satan, die!" over and over again.

"Can you fucking stop?!" The man hissed, using his hand to block yet another book that was aimed right for his head.

"Why would I? You're a creepy Satan man who appeared in my room that I apparently summoned! Get out!" Jungkook shouted, picking up a huge dictionary.

"Don't you dare throw that at me, kid." The male warned.

The dictionary hit him right in the face.

"Enough!" The man suddenly shouted. Jungkook flinched and froze in place. The man stumbled to his feet, resting his hand on Jungkook's desk for balance. "If you didn't want me here, why the fuck would you summon me?" He seethed.

"What do you mean?! I didn't summon anything or anyone! You're insane. What even are you?" Jungkook exclaimed, shaking in fear.

"I'm a demon, genius."

"WHAT?" Jungkook screamed so loudly the entire neighborhood could probably hear. The man winced and covered his ears.

"Damn, you're loud." He muttered. "The phrase you said summoned me, so here I am."

"What did I even say?" Jungkook's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

The man shrugged, "Demons don't know their summoning phrase. Only those who say it know."

"Well go back! You're creeping me out!" Jungkook shouted.

"I can't."

Jungkook's jaw hung open. He stayed completely still. "What?"

"I can't 'go back'. Once a demon's been summoned, they are to stay by their summoner's side until the mortal dies." He explained.

"This has gotta be some sick nightmare." Jungkook whispered, pulling on his hair again. The man raised his eyebrows.

"You shouldn't do that. You might hurt yourself." He said in the gentlest voice Jungkook had heard from him so far. The man carefully stepped closer and plucked Jungkook's hands from out of his hair. "Calm down. I thought most humans were informed of the demon connection. Were you never told about it?"

"The demon connection?" Jungkook repeated, beyond confused.

"Well, humans summon demons, usually intentionally. The demon they summon is determined by what phrase they use. The demon that is assigned to them is to do whatever the human says until the day they stop breathing. Some people use demons for protection, or they have relationships with them. Both platonic or romantic. Sometimes just sexual." The man explained. Then he raised his brows. "You've never heard of any of this?"

Jungkook slowly shook his head no. The man looked a bit confused but decided not to push it. He shrugged and spoke again.

"I apologize for yelling at you. I thought you were abusive or something. I had no idea you did this by accident." The man said calmly.

"I-It's okay...sorry for throwing stuff at you." Jungkook mumbled, staring at the floor.

In all his eighteen years of life, he'd never heard of this demon connection thing. And now here he was, accidentally stuck with his very own demon.

"By the way, what's your name?" The demon asked.

"Jeon Jungkook."

The demon had a small grin on his face. Then he replied with his own name:

"I'm Min Yoongi."

Welp-