AGNC: Chapter 5 |Let's Have a Party

Start from the beginning

“They can think all they want. I have every intention to keep my innocence JD.”

He looked at me for a second longer then nodded his head. “I believe that. Keep doin' the right thing.”

I nodded my head and smiled. “Always.”

Before I stepped around him to head back upstairs, I kissed JD on the cheek. Back in my room, Nova was now on her feet, putting her jacket on.

“Where you goin?” I asked her. “Tyrone’s outside. I was coming down to tell you. You got my soda? I was gonna drink it on the way there.”

“Yeah, well wait for me.” I handed her the soda and reached for my tan jacket on the bed. Nova stood in the doorway, once again with her head in her phone.

“You ready?” she asked without looking up. I shook my head at her attitude. She seriously needed to get out this funk of hers or I was going to leave her at the party as soon as we got there.

“Yeah.” She walked out first, as I remembered to tell JD and Mom I was leaving on my way out the door.

I gave my jeans one last smoothing before hopping in the back of Tyrone's car.

"Hey Tyrone." I greeted him, leaning forward and kissing his cheek while getting a whiff of his cologne.

"Hey Cassy." Tyrone then peeked at Nova, waiting for her to speak. When he realized she wasn't going to say anything he sucked his teeth. "Hey, Nova."

She made a noise that I would call a grunt and half ass wave.

"Whatever." Tyrone mumbled putting the car in drive, looked in his rear view mirror and gave me a what-the-fuck-look. All I could do was shrug my shoulders and look away.

Like I said earlier. She'll talk when she's ready.

***

Pulling up to the party, it was like the party mode switch had been turned on in all of us including Nova. We could hear the music when we were pulling up all the way down the street.

Tyrone squeezed his car in one of the open spaces of the crowded street and was the first to hop out and run in, already greeted by his teammates and anybody else who knew him. 

I leaned forward to pull down Tyrone's driver side visor from the backseat to check my hair and search for any obvious makeup smudges and what not in the mirror.

"You ready?" I asked her while fluffing my hair a little more. I was obsessed wit volume and body when it came to my hair. The bigger, the better.

"Yeah." She stuffed her phone in her jeans pocket and getting out of the car and I following behind her. I rounded the car and linked my arm though hers.

"We're going to have fun tonight right?" I asked her subtly hinting at how she'd been acting since school. She looked to house and smiled for the first time that entire night.

"Yeah, of course. C'mon." She lead the way into the house, as music, booze and horny teens greeted us. Pretty Ricky was playing when we walked through the door. All of the girls took it upon themselves to find them a guy and grind on them till the guys couldn't take it anymore. There were more people than I thought. They littered the living room, barely able to see the furniture, the kitchen, the stairway, etc.  

"Ima head to the kitchen and see what these fools got."  Nova said, already heading that way. I nodded my head and walked further into the crowd in the living room. I found my way to the couch and took a seat next to a few girls that didn't look very familiar. I wondered if they were even in the same grade as the rest of us. There were three of the them dressed in a way that would leave little to the imagination.