AGNC: Chapter 5 |Let's Have a Party

“Friendships must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness and shenanigans.”-Anonymous

keith in MM

Chapter 5: Cassandra

“What you think about this?” I switched from my left and right side, checking myself out in my full length mirror. For the most part I was okay with the outfit.  A halter top and hip hugging low rise jeans and my Nikes looked about almost right but something was missing. I touched my neck and tilted my head to the side.

A chunky gold neckless?

“Nova, do you think I need a neckless?” I looked at her sitting on the edge of my bed through the mirror. She had her phone in her hand, typing away aimlessly. Nine times out of ten she didn’t even hear me.

“Nova?” I called again. She didn’t look up from her phone but with a “huh” sound she responded. “Do you think I need a neckless?” She briefly looked at me then back at her phone and nodded her head.

“Yeah, use the Gold chunky one that’s on the dresser.”

I grabbed for the neckless but looked at Nova while I was putting it on. It seemed ever since we left the cafeteria, her whole attitude changed. I knew it had something to do with that boy but for what, I didn’t know. I knew my friend was a little promiscuous but what Damion did was grimy. I tried asking her about it but, it took only the first time for her to completely brush me off to get me to back off. When she was ready to talk she’ll talk but the last thing I needed was for her to go to this party with me with this foul mood though.

“Nova, can you at least cheer up? I haven’t even seen you crack a joke at anything since the cafeteria.” Again she said nothing, only shrugging her shoulders. I sighed. Hopefully this party would cheer her up.

“Hey, I’m going downstairs to get a soda, you want one?”

“Yeah.”

I rolled my eyes. “But you can speak when you want something.” I mumbled underneath my breath. I trotted down the steps and felt my phone buzz when I hit the last step. Pulling it out, I flipped it open to see a text from Keith.

I hope I c u at the party beautiful

I smiled.

I’ll be there.

I got to the fridge and slightly danced to a tune in my head. I whined my hips in a circle stopping immediately when I heard the clearing of a throat.

“Where you goin’ girl?”

Caught completely off guard, I jumped dropping one of the sodas on the floor. I held my now free hand to my heart to at least slow it down while I glared at JD.

“JD, don’t do that! You scared me half to death.” I said leaning down to pick up the soda.

JD folded his arms over his chest and only continued to look at me not acknowledging that I almost died of fright. He assessed my out and a deep scowl slowly formed on his face.

“Where you think you goin’ look like that?”

“What?” I looked down at myself finding nothing wrong with my outfit. Maybe a little stomach was showing but nothing major. I sucked my teeth “I look fine.”

“What you think them little boys gone think when they see you?”

This was the same shit we went through every time I wanted to go out. He always said if I always carried myself like a lady, I’ll always attract a gentleman.