Quest 13: The Fog that Subsided

Start from the beginning

Yes, sacrifice. Rokudo is so hellbent on the Tuna, isn't he? He shall serve up the first row seat on a silver platter for him. In his mind he had stuck up a middle finger to said illusionist.

《♠️♠️♠️》

He didn't know what events he had missed but with him receiving the Mist Ring the other day, it was enough of an indication that it was before the Ring's Battle. He still had time before they started off the battle, enough time for him to rough up the waves and disrupt the peace of the lake's surface. Swinging his feet a few times from the edge of the roof, the Game Master grinned wildly. The night was fairly dark, with the absence of a full moon but was saved by the lights of the city.

He leaned over and dived.

《♠️♠️♠️》

Rapid gunshots were heard in the morning of wonderful Sicily. GM played as the main culprit when he had in fact appeared at the entrance of the Varia's territory. Yells and words of apprehensions were dutifully tuned out to nothing but static in the teen's ears. A visible quirk of his lips that now formed a smirk, revealing some teeth was enough to be a trigger, the start to the pulls of the triggers that release the bullets through the air and towards him.

Twisting his index and middle finger where a card would appear through the sleight of hand. Like a card dealer in a casino, he swiped the card across him and three large cards appeared, human sized and nailing themselves into the soiled pavement. A King of Hearts, Queen of Spades and Ace of Clovers was seen facing the perpetrators who were the guards of the Varia territory.

Bullets made contact with the cards and were deflected off the surface. From the point of contact, it could be assumed that the cards were made of metal bulletproof materials seeing how sparks of embers came off from each shot made yet not a dent was seen. The material proved sturdy as well, seeing how GM was leaning against one of the cards while flipping the card that was in his hand.

Humming a random tune that seemed to be a mashup of different songs together that was stuck in his head. His humming continued, only ceasing when the shots were no more. The ammunition clearly ran out, a smile gracing his face before he heard a voice. Not that he recognized it by any means, but the nature of it was enough to highlight the personality and narrow down the identity of the owner.

"VOIIIIII, what's the commotion?! Boss ain't appreciating the racket this early in the morning!"

A man in his young twenties with long silver hair seemed pissed no doubt. The pavements are littered with bullets and bullet holes. It was lucky that it wasn't done behind the gates else the damage done to the tiled pavements would have gotten a nagging from Mammon. His grey eyes narrowed dangerously as his aura fluctuated between frustration and stress. It didn't take him long for his eyes to land on the large cards that pretty much had him blinking in confusion cause: what the fuck??

"Ah, Superbia Squalo!~ Just the man I was looking for~"

A sing-song voice came from behind the cards. The King was moved aside as if it was a sliding door, one swift motion made with a gloved hand that came into view. His hand pushed the card to the side and he did one full turn, almost twirling as all the cards were pushed out of view, disappearing to god knows where. A flamboyant yet gentlemanly bow accompanied by the twirls of his right arm with the grace of a ballet dancer as it crosses over the left shoulder.

His head lifted, blue eyes barely seen from behind the chequered mask he wore. His fox-like grin remained still before he straightened himself up. His feet that crossed each other, the front right foot swung a little for it to be back in position beside his left foot. Right arm lowering down to his side before his voice was heard to introduce himself.

"Game Master, pleasure to be acquainted with the Rain of Varia."

《♠️♠️♠️》

"Lighten up on the scowl, Xanxus~"

BANG

"Tsk tsk, such impatience~" GM quipped cheerfully from his seat on the couch. He had laid down, lounging without a single care or guard up as he faced the boss of Varia who was seated at his chair behind his study table. A gun pointed at him while he moved the card away from his face, not wanting his sight to be disturbed by the poker card.

Chuckling softly he extended his arm to the side, a finger tapping his card and letting the flattened bullet that had been shot towards his face but failed to meet the target, to fall and clatter against the wooden surface of the table. Slipping the card away back into his sleeve, he brought his arm back to be behind his head, his feet that were on the other end of the couch's armrest lightly shook.

"Get to the point, Trash."

"All have been detailed in the file I've given you, Xanxus." He answered cooly, the shaking subsiding as he tilt his head to the leader of the assassination squad. "What I'm asking is, may I have a place in this game?"

"There is no benefit in this deal, not for you."

"Ah, that is where you are wrong~" GM jolted up into a sitting position, a wide almost jovial grin seen. "I am not like the typical mafioso, I just want to have fun~" He stated as he stood up and sauntered over to the table where Xanxus sat. "Can you imagine their face seeing an unknown and unexpected variable turning up?"

He no doubt sounded crazy, he actually was if Xanxus could ever put in some words to describe the individual before him. The scarred man glared at the man, still trying to discern his motives or for any traps that laid behind those words and the offered information of how the Vongola Decimo in training have attained a few Guardians but it wasn't a full trope just yet. Not to mention that all of the potential and chosen candidates were just kids.

"You know my rules and my pledge. Even my skills as well as my worth." The GM continued, coaxing the man. "By those Ten Covenants, I shall do my part to obtain victory in the battle. In exchange for the information and alliance I've chosen to aid you in."

The GM extended his hand out, "All I want is just to have fun, are you able to give me that, Xanxus?" Xanxus warily stared at the hand offered to him, the deal was practically advantageous to him. Not many would even negotiate further with how eccentric the Game Master was and would just fulfil their end of the deal. However, Xanxus did not become the leader of the most elite mafia assassination squad for nothing.

He reached out and shook his hand. "Aschente."