Quest 13: The Fog that Subsided

Suffocating

That was the word that resurface in Tsunayoshi Sawada's mind, the word that seemed so clear that it made any other thoughts in his mind a blurred image. He never actually realised how pressuring it felt to actually talk to someone— or was that only to Yurei Sakkaku's person?

He didn't know.

His Intuition was slightly humming at the back of his head, not exactly giving him the specific answer he was hoping for as the aforementioned person sat before him. Despite having Gokudera and Yamamoto behind him, Tsunayoshi felt as if he wasn't the one in control— albeit, he never was good in taking control.

But that doesn't explain how Yurei was doing much more better than he was—

Yurei observed the place they had chosen for the meeting (it was just Sawada's house really), recalling back the time when he was brought back after being blasted away by bright pink grenades. Slowly he sipped his glass of warm water, letting the silence between them fall and settle like heavy snow. He was waiting for the brunette to talk and it seem to be almost going nowhere.

"So, you were saying something about this ring?"

He decided to start off. Honestly, he had done so much for them and he isn't getting all the benefits he was entitled to. Not to mention, he was somehow given the Ring that not only doesn't fit him, the nature of it does not align with him in general. Despite all his questionable reputation in the underworld, he was not a liar. Cunning? Yes. Sly? Yes. Not a liar.

As he slipped the ring out, holding it between his thumb and index finger, he had opted to tune out whatever words were coming out from the Sawada. Whatever it was, he wasn't interested. Just as he had told Nono, he would maintain neutrality. Getting looped in was the last thing he needed and he despised having shackles around him.

While the power politics itself was tempting, there was no way he was going to get involved with a gang of kiddies that have zero battle worthy skills and experience. Sure, Gokudera hailed from a mafioso family but he is still just a kid even if he is just slightly better than the rest. The same goes for Kyoya and the pineapple dude. Did he also mention the unfairness of the plot armour the protagonist and his gang had?

It wasn't worth it. Not only could he not influence or cause any effects directed at them, what they are to be is already set in stone. Thus, him receiving the Mist Ring only confuses him. It wasn't going to be his, that was what he is sure of considering the world, the universe, didn't consider his actual nature to bestow the appropriate ring upon him.

Did he seriously become the delivery man? How insulting.

"So now you're the Mist Guardian for the Vongola Decimo." Reborn's voice was what pulled him out of his thoughts and Yurei reacted quickly, his signature smile remaining ever so present on his face before he merely placed the ring down and pushed it forward.

"I have no idea what that is but no." He blatantly rejects them, his eyes closing while his smile only unnerved the three teenagers before him. "Besides, all that sneaky sneaky thing doesn't sit well with me. I feel like a thief. But if you are looking for a misty person, I think this one guy with a pineapple hairstyle would fit!"

He had suggested, before Reborn had the chance to cut in. "He snuck up on me the other day and I couldn't even sense him! He was like a ghost so he might actually fit your criteria in being a badass invisible buddy!" Throwing oil to the fire, he was setting the path right back, just giving it a little push. Tsunayoshi's Mist was not Yurei, nor was Tsunayoshi his Sky. Mentioning Rokudo was more than enough to perk Reborn's attention as the other's hairstyle could be said to be a rather famous description of the teenager.

"Besides, the ring design doesn't fit my aesthetic. It sticks out like a sore thumb." Yurei stood from his chair, adding yet another flippant and ridiculous excuse as to why he rejected the ring. A shiver of what could be identified as disgust was paired along with a shake of his head and his tongue sticking out in distaste to the plain looking ring. It was almost like an indirect insult to the Vongola Insignia which was the pride of every famiglia as well as the design of the rings. More than enough for Reborn to reconsider the other candidate he had sacrificed.