Quest 9: Spade

Yurei chuckled, his bangs slightly swaying at his action as his blue eyes landed on the sight of Reborn deliberately shooting at the file, turning the file into nothing more but pieces of paper.

"Oh dear, I didn't think a little taunt would set the volcano off~" Mockery was evident in his tone as he laughed again. Yurei nonchalantly tossed the pair of dices up into the air and caught it in his palm, repeating the action a few times.

"Sa...Would I have the honour for you to be my opponent in our next meeting, Sun Arcobaleno."

♠️♠️♠️

True to his prediction, Reborn did meet up with him and really, it was to Yurei's utmost surprise as to why did the World Greatest Hitman even want to see him.

But nonetheless, he was prepared, noting subtly to himself that the hitman had already offered the Ninth up as a representative— ah, excuse him, a scapegoat would be a more precise word— for their meeting.

Just joking, he definitely respect the Ninth but hey, who is Yurei to turn down the chance to speak shit about Reborn and live to tell the tale?

♠️♠️♠️

"Is that really all you can find about this so called Game Master?" Even if it was over the phone, Shamal was definitely sure he can sensed the irritation radiating off Reborn.

The mafioso sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he turned his chair to look at his computer screen to read the file he had emailed to Reborn.

"I've already said so earlier, Reborn. This guy is known but there is literally nothing you can find out about him. It's like he's on 24/7 just to delete every single information just as someone is searching him up."

"So there is something."

"Yeah but again, he's not going to give it unless we have a game? With him or something." Shamal said as he clicked the file to be viewed again, his eyes skimming through it. "What I can say is, he's capable and dangerous yet there's no need to be hostile against him." Shamal further added.

"And what the hell is that suppose to mean."

"Because he won't kill without a reason. Well, more like he abides to the ten rules he have set and would only take his end of the deal if the other party lost to him. Just set some bets that does not involved your life and you're fine."

"How the hell is this guy not dead yet..."

"As if I know, I only met him once and he's like a kid."

"Oho. You've met him and you had somehow forgot to add in that little detail?"

"Leave me be, like I said, I only met him once during my fight with an enemy and it was just a brief eye contact moment before he just disappeared."

Reborn had just blatantly hung up the phone, slightly frustrated on the lack of information. Not only was he pissed but he had to looked over that fact that he was taunted just so that the Nono could have the Game Master join the Vongola.

♠️♠️♠️

(A/N: They're conversing in Italian.)

Yurei adjusted the cuff of his suit, a checkered turtleneck undershirt was worn to hide the voice changer he was wearing around his neck, his black and silver mask was also worn as he tipped his black beret slightly. He turn his head, looking down from the rooftop he was on at the beautiful night scenery of Florence.