40. The Ramen That Changed Everything

Start from the beginning

"Yes" Naruto realized just then that he had dropped the pouch somewhere.

"Okay don't worry. It has your name we'll find it" he reassured him.

"Namikaze-san" the paramedic held the red wristband but saw he was already wearing one. He was holding his medical bag.

"You're familiar with him?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, he's got class 4 cardiomyopathy. His alert bracelet went off last night but we couldn't mobilize until morning." He informed, then he started listing all the meds Naruto was on as he helped the doctor with whatever he needed.

Naruto held on to the oxygen mask but it wasn't doing much.
"I have some good news, Namikaze-san" the doctor had finished the physical exam. "You're not having a heart attack. But we need to take you in, okay?"

Naruto just nodded again. The blond was conscious through it all. Through the tests to confirm the doctor's suspicion. Through the IV's they have given him.

Even after they have removed the tracheal intubation since he could finally breathe on his own again. Naruto was scared, he was scared of leaving the world without saying a proper goodbye to the man he loved.

🍜🍙🍜🍙🍜

Sasuke growled covering his face. Naruto was still upset with him and he hated it. It was all so stupid.

He got out of bed, showered then got dressed before heading downstairs.
"You finally up." Shikamaru sighed "weather cleared up so I'm taking Sora to his grandma's. If you're leaving make sure to lock the door behind you"

"Naruto's not home? Is he avoiding me again?"

"You were the one avoiding him" Shikamaru pointed out before he added "he called an ambulance as soon as the reception was back. He left with them to make sure they're alright"

"Of course he did" Sasuke plopped down on his chair.

"Sora, go wait in the car with Kitsune okay?"

"Okay" he smiled holding his favourite plushy. "Bye Chichi"

"See you soon Sora-chan" he small smiled at his baby.

"One piece of advice Sasuke. Stop being such a little bitch. You got your chance and you're ruining it already"

"He can't just tell me he doesn't wanna talk and then next morning pretend nothing happened" Sasuke didn't realise he was squeezing the glass so hard in his hand "it's infuriating" the glass broke under the extra pressure.

"If Naruto doesn't want to talk about it. It means he's undecisive or is thinking about it or maybe it's something that makes him really angry and he doesn't wanna be angry with you. If you give him time he'd have told you. Instead you go and act like a baby throwing tantrums. Sora has better manners than you" the man retorted

Sasuke lowered his head feeling ashamed.
"I want to have a family with him." He admitted. "Naruto said he wanted kids...but it was 'complicated'..."

Shikamaru brought a towel and removed the glass that was embedded in Sasuke's palm.

"Are you gonna break up with him because of that?"

"No of course not."

"Then why make a big deal out of it?"