~Chapter 3~

Thanks to Brian shutting off my alarm while I was sleeping, I was now late for work. My boss was fed up with me being late all the time and when I got to work I just knew that he was going to give me shit when I got there. There was just so much going on right now.

I was rushing around, grabbing the things I was going to need today, and cleaning up my place at the same time. I knew this was going to make me even later but he house needed to be cleaned, all thanks to Brian. Bobbi still wasn't back and Brian asked if I would take him back to his place.

"What time is it?" he yawned.

"I don't even want to know. My boss is so going to grill me about me being late. Why did you turn off my alarm? I just hope he doesn't fire me."

He sat up and stretched. "I thought you needed a little more time to sleep. Plus you're cute when you sleep."

"Thanks but I need you to get up because I'm leaving now."

I rushed out of the bedroom and looked at the clock. Shit, I was already 45 minutes late. I grabbed my jacket from the closet and quickly slipped on my shoes. Brian walked out of the bedroom and grabbed the gift I'd got him from off the counter.

"I'm opening this now." he smiled and sat at the table.

"Brian we need to get going. Please. I'm already as it is, open it at your place."

He grabbed his things from the table and put his shoes on. I quickly started the car and waited for Brian to get his ass in here. Brain walked out of the house and slowly made his way to the vehicle. I honked the horn a couple of times and he glared at me.

"Hurry up!" I shouted out the window.

"Alright, geez woman. I'm going as fast as I could," he said.

"Well move faster."

He got in and we drove off. At this point, I just wanted to speed like a maniac and drive through lights and stop signs. I just wanted to get to work pronto and hope my boss would just forget about me being late.

"We still on for tonight?" he asked.

"Depends," I replied.

I sped to Brian's house and stopped in the street.

"I have a driveway you know."

"I know. Goodbye."

He got out of the car and I sped away from his place. I looked at the time, my work was only a ten-minute drive from Brian's place so I decided to just speed down there. Luckily there weren't any cops on my drive to work. I ran two stoplights and nearly ran over a couple crossing the street. I quickly parked my vehicle and grabbing my stuff. I could see Jason already waiting for me at the door, great.

"Late again Rei."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. My alarm didn't go off."

Jason shook his head and I closed my office door and set my stuff on the floor. There was still a lot that needed to be done and there was more filling that needed to be done because of the stack of papers that sat on the corner of my desk.

Later

My shift was over a long time ago but Jason insisted I stay and finish the rest of the filing. I only had a little more to do. From now on I planned to be early to work. On most occasions, my tardiness was because of Brian. He always had some sort of excuse for just anything. The door opened and in walked Jason.

"Tough time?"

"What do you think?" I said.

Jason came around and sat on my desk, smiling at me. I knew all to well that Jason was gonna come up with some stupid pickup line.

"All this work. It must be stressful for you. I'm your boss you know and I suppose I can help you in a sense."

By now Jason was standing behind me rubbing my shoulders. His hands made their way down the sides of my arms and he began rubbing his hands up and down.

"I just finished the last of these papers so I think I'll call it a night."

I placed the papers on a neat stack on my desk and grabbed my things from the ground and quickly headed for the door. Jason was quicker and stood in front of the door, crossing his arms and smirking at me.

"Where do you think you're going doll?"

I was rather surprised, usually, Jason would only say something cheesy but he's never tried anything like this before.

"Move out of my way."

Jason grinned and began walking towards me. I was up against the wall and his hands began to make their way up my shirt.

"Get the fuck off me!" I screamed but he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shh, you'll make a scene and I'm sure you don't want that."

I began trying to push him away but since he was stronger than me, he wouldn't budge. I slapped him and kicked him in the shin causing him to fall to the ground.

"You've got a little fight in you. I like that. You're more than welcome to drop by my office tomorrow after work."

"You're crazy, I quit!"

Was there something wrong with this guy? He still expected me to come to work after doing something like this? I ran out the door and tears began to fall. Stupid Jason. I walked outside and headed for my car only to find Brian standing there smiling. Brian knew something was wrong.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Jason is such a pig. Glad I'm not working here anymore." I said and slammed the car door shut.

"This guys in for it now. Who the fuck does he think he is? I'll be right back Rei."

I waited in the vehicle and told Bobbi everything that happened tonight. Five minutes later Brian walked out of the building with a smile on his face. He got in the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"You didn't like punch him or anything, did you?" I asked.

"Of course not. I just had a nice little chat with him. It's over, don't worry about it." Brian said.

If Brian did do something to him then that wouldn't be a good thing on my part. Jason was the type of guy that lied a lot and he could say anything he wanted about me and that would most likely hurt my chances of finding a job.