22 | Perfect

Six Months Later.

Harry and Draco stood in front of Kingsley Shacklebolt, Minister of Magic, hands clasped tightly, positively beaming at one another. Dressed in white dress robes, they exchanged vows, then rings, then kissed tenderly in front of all of their family and friends.

As their lips met, their guests witnessed a rare sight—Their magic combined, bonding them and illuminating the two grooms so brightly that it was impossible to look directly at them. Their skin glowed for a moment and then the blinding brightness faded away, leaving two grinning grooms who couldn't resist indulging in one more kiss before inviting everyone to join them at the venue for their reception.

As he and Draco swayed slowly on the dance floor, Harry glanced around at their many friends as they danced, and he felt like his heart might just burst. He'd never imagined he could be this happy.

There was Ron, his Best Man, dancing with a glowing Hermione, whose gorgeous plum-colored dress draped over a barely-visible baby bump.

Neville and Hannah were sitting at a table with Augusta, as well as Frank and Alice Longbottom, who were looking more aware of their surroundings than they had in years. Occasionally one of them would even engage in the conversation for a few minutes.

Hagrid and Olympe were dancing nearby, looking as happy and in-love as ever. Hagrid gave Harry a wide grin and a thumbs-up when he caught his eye. Harry couldn't help grinning back.

Professor McGonagall, though Harry supposed he should start thinking of her as Minerva, was sitting at a table speaking pleasantly with Andromeda and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Gawain Robards was dancing with his wife. He gave Harry a wink when their eyes met. Harry grinned.

Harry's former Auror partner, Jasper Miner, was dancing with his new Auror partner, Parvati Patil. Harry thought he glimpsed a hint of something passing between the two Aurors as they danced and laughed together, and he smiled knowingly. They didn't even know it yet.

Kent and Andrè, Draco's Best Men, had decided they wanted to adopt shortly after getting married, and Harry had excitedly introduced them to Agnes Torwall at the Department of Infant and Child Protection. They passed every requirement with flying colors and were cleared to adopt Charlie Longren shortly after. Now ten months old, the bright-eyed baby boy was happily chewing on a teething biscuit and bouncing on Kent's lap while Andrè talked politely with Dean and Ginny.

Charlie Weasley was dancing with Dottie Hewitt, and she blushed furiously when he whispered something in her ear. They seemed awfully close for two people who had just met that day.

Teddy and Rosie were dancing wildly to the music, holding hands and jumping up and down excitedly. Teddy's hair was changing color rapidly in his excitement.

Rosie had eventually forgiven Harry and Draco, deciding that the only boyfriend she needed at the tender age of three was her dad, a decision Ron was incredibly chuffed about. His boyfriend duties included bandaging scraped knees and giving butterfly kisses after tucking her into bed each night.

Harry let out a soft sigh and Draco turned his head to look at him. "What is it, darling?"

"Nothing," Harry pulled him close. "I'm just...happy."

Draco pushed him back just enough to kiss him, each of them feeling a little jolt of magic down their spine. "Me too," Draco whispered back.

Harry jumped at a sudden movement from Draco's breast pocket as a tiny black snout emerged. "Draco!" He laughed.

"What?" Draco smirked, "I couldn't let our little dragon miss all the fun!"

"Of course not," Harry chuckled, letting Draco spin him, then pull him close again, sneaking another kiss.

"You're ridiculous."

"You gave her to me."

A warm smile crossed Harry's face, crinkling his eyes at the corners behind his glasses. "True. I guess I'm a bit ridiculous, too."

Draco lowered his voice. "How long do we have to stay at this thing?"

"Patience, love," Harry murmured, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Ugh. Fine. But if I don't have you naked on a beach somewhere by tomorrow, I might murder someone."

Harry laughed, running a hand through Draco's carefully styled hair, mussing it up just a little bit. "I'm sure that can be arranged. Our Portkey is at nine. It'll take us straight to the rental house on the Island. You might even get me naked on a beach tonight."

Draco shivered, pressing up against him. "Promise?" His hot breath brushed over his ear, and Harry bit back a low moan.

"Promise," Harry breathed, fighting to regain control of his senses.

"No backing out now, Potter."

"I would never," Harry teased, mimicking Draco's drawl. "Potter."

Draco's ringing laughter drew the eyes of many of their guests, who smiled at the two grooms dancing together as if no one else was even there.

And in that moment, everything was perfect.