13 | Mine.

Light was streaming through the window when Harry woke the next morning. He rubbed his face and stretched his arms above his head.

"Hey."

Harry rolled over to face Draco, who was watching him nervously.

"Are you okay?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. I shouldn't have come here last night, I wasn't in my right mind. I'm sorry. I must have scared you."

Draco carded his fingers through Harry's dark hair.

"I want you to come here when you need me, sweet. Even if you can't talk about it, even if you just need someone to clean you up and put you to bed. I want to do that for you. Please let me."

Harry pulled Draco flush against him, burying his face in his neck. "I don't think I deserve you," he murmured.

Draco blushed. "Now I know you're not in your right mind. Have you met you? You deserve better than me."

Harry shifted slightly, pushing Draco onto his back and laving kisses over his throat. "Mm. Not possible. Doesn't exist."

"You're—oh!—crazy. Oh Merlin, don't stop," Draco gasped. Harry had slipped a knee between his legs, and the friction was absolutely glorious.

Harry chuckled softly, moving to straddle him and dipping his head to meet Draco's in a searing kiss.

•••••

"Thank you," Harry whispered later when they lay tangled on Draco's bed, both blissfully sated and sleepy.

Draco tipped his head up to look at him curiously.

"For last night," Harry clarified, running a hand through Draco's hair. "For taking care of me, for knowing exactly what I needed."

"Do you want to talk about it? What happened?"

Harry shook his head. "Not really. I just— I can't save everyone. It's not something I'll ever get used to. It hurts every time."

Draco nodded. "I feel the same way. I'm not able to save everyone at my job, either."

Harry met his gaze, guilt flooding through him. "Of course you would understand, I should've realized—"

Draco cut him off with a kiss. "It's okay. Let's go back to sleep now, yeah? It's Saturday— We can get up later, whenever we want. We don't have any plans until tomorrow night."

Harry smiled and pulled him close again. "M'kay."

Draco fell asleep first. Or, at least, Harry thought he had, as his breathing slowed and his body relaxed against him.

But when Harry whispered into his hair, "I know it's too early to say this, but I think I'm falling in love with you."

Draco heard him.

•••••

The next evening, Draco found himself standing on the front step of a well-kept little country house with a blue front door. "I'm not so sure this is a good idea, Harry," Draco murmured.

Harry put a hand on the small of Draco's back and gave him an encouraging smile. "Don't worry. They're excited to meet you."

"I can't understand why. I was unbelievably rude to her last time we saw each other."

"Draco, you had just lost your mother. You weren't yourself. Andy understands that."

"I was myself, I was just a complete arse back then."