LadyNoir Interview

After Nino and Alya get a good video of the place, Ladybug and Chat Noir suddenly enter from the   balcony. Alya gasps. "Ladybug! Please, we need to get an interview with you!" "Oh, hey! Sure thing!" Ladybug chuckles. "Just give me a minute, I need to transform!" She heads into one of the rooms. "Tikki, spots off!"

Chat Noir sat down by Viperion, smirking. "Ladies. Nino. I'm all yours if you want an interview," he smirked. "Sure!" Nino smiled, happy to help get any footage he could. "Ask a lot of kwami questions," I whisper to Alya, making her chuckle and nod as the three of us sit down and start filming.

"And now we have the amazing Chat Noir and we'll later be joined by the miraculous Ladybug! Chat Noir, can you tell us about your kwami?"

"My kwami? My kwami's Plagg, he's really cool, but he has a cheese addiction. I'm serious, it's all he'll eat. Especially camembert."

We all laugh. "But you still get on well?" Nino checks. "Of course we do!" Chat Noir nods. "He may be a   bit crazy and he can be a little much at times, but he's one of my best friends. He's always been there for me and cheered me up. If it weren't for Plagg, I don't know if I'd still be here today."

Oh, Chat Noir...

He sees our faces and shakes his head, forcing a smile. "Come on, any other questions?" We all hesitate a moment, then Nino clears his throat. "What makes you want to be a superhero?"

His answer is immediate. "Because I want to be the superhero I needed growing up. I was always isolated and alone. I never left the house. I wasn't allowed to even go to school. I only ever had one friend, and even then it was only because their father was friends with mine. I guess I feel like, if I can do some good in the world, show everyone that even an old alley cat like me can make a difference, we can all change for the better. Our lives could change for the better. I didn't used to believe it growing up, but I do now. And I wish I could have believed it sooner."

We're all speechless at his uncharacteristically heartfelt and sincere words. Since when was Chat Noir so masterfully articulate? But no matter now, I don't want him to feel like this. It must be awful for him. As much as I like to tease him, I adore Chat Noir. He's someone you can't help but like. It hurts to see him so downhearted.

Before we can do anything, Ladybug, who has been watching patiently for her turn and likely to keep Chat Noir on good behaviour, comes up behind him and gently hugs him. "I'm sorry, Chat Noir. I didn't realise just how hard it must be for you."

"That's no problem of yours, my Lady," Chat Noir assures her, smiling slightly as he leans into her embrace. He really is head over heels for her. "Besides, I already have you. What more could I need?"

I gesture for Alya to stop recording, which she does. We all glance away awkwardly to give these two a moment. Poor Chat Noir sure needs it.

After a few minutes, Chat Noir smiles to us in an apologetic manner, then gestures for Ladybug to sit beside him. "Come on, back to the interview. We'll both talk to you."

"Are you sure?" I check as Ladybug sits beside Chat Noir. "I am," he nods. "Thank you, Esme, but I'm good now. I promise. What other questions do you guys have?"

We ask Ladybug and Chat Noir some more questions, going easy on Chat since he's still not looking 100% just yet. I'll bring up some snacks in a minute, I know he loves food from the Dupain-Cheng's bakery. And Plagg will very happily kill me if I don't bring up any cheese...

"That's so much, both of you!" Alya smiles, putting her phone away. "We've got so much footage now! This'll be perfect for our presentation, the others will be so jealous! Right, guys?"

"Totally!" Nino grins. "Too bad we didn't meet some of the other heroes, though. Still, Marinette and Adrien should be able to find them!"

"Marinette?" Viperion asks in surprise. "Adrien?!" Ladybug turns slightly red. "Oh, is that the boy you like?" Chat Noir teases Ladybug. "Adrien? Adrien who, Adrien Agreste?"

"I-I-!"

Chat Noir grabs Ladybug by her shoulders, shaking her erratically, his eyes wide with the overwhelming desire to find out. "No, seriously, do you?!"

I can't help but burst out laughing. When the others look at me weirdly, though, I cough and glance down, controlling myself. "Sorry."

"What's so funny?" Nino asks, frowning. "Nothing, nothing, just ignore me," I shake my head. I know I can't tell them I find it funny that Adrien's demanding to know if Marinette likes him and neither of them have any clue of the extent this has gone to.

Chat Noir seems to somewhat catch on and looks at me nervously for a moment before releasing Ladybug. "Uh... so was there anything else you kids needed?"

"I don't think so," Alya shook her head, chuckling a little. "What now, Esme?" I smirk at Chat Noir. "I think a little snack's in order, don't you?"

Chat Noir's face lights up. "Yes! Did you get it?" "Who would I be if I didn't?" I chuckle. "It's downstairs, unless Plagg got to it already. I'll go get it." I head downstairs, smiling to Arya. "They're gonna love this."

"They sure will, Esme!" Arya agrees. We head down to the kitchen and open the fridge, seeing it all still there. "Good, Plagg hasn't helped himself," I smile, grabbing the handles of the tray it's all balanced on. I carefully take it upstairs, making sure not to drop anything. Let's hope it turned out alright...

Alya films me when she sees what I'm bringing up. "Oh, wow!"