I watched as dad pulled out his revolver and pointed it at Dale's head, unable to stop the sobs that escaped as I looked at the pained face of Dale as he took his last breaths. I shut my eyes waiting for the shot but it never came, dad was frozen while looking at Dale, his hands shaking before he shook his head and handed his gun over to Daryl.

"I'm sorry brother." Daryl said sadly before a gunshot sounded covering the screams and sobs as we watched Dale die.

———————

The plan had changed, Randall was now going to be set free after dad vowed to honour Dale's memory by fixing the group. We'd all moved into the Greene home after Dale, Herschel said that it should've happened sooner and with the winter moving in it was the safest option, I was currently checking the perimeter with Merle since Daryl was busy bringing the supplies into the house.

"So Dear Lyla how are things goin' with my lil' brother?" Merle asked as we finished checking the last fence and started to head back to the house.

"Uh, good I think, he's been kinda quiet since Dale died, quieter than normal anyway." I smiled slightly.

"Not yer fault, he takes things personally, he'll get over it." He shrugged making me nod just as we reached the clearing in front of the house.

"Hey! Ya seen 'im?" Daryl's hell caught both our attention as he came rushing down from the barn.

"Seen who?" I asked concerned at the panicked look on his face.

"Randall's gone." He said before running into the house and calling for my dad.

"What's do you mean he's gone?" Dad asked as him, Daryl and the rest of the group came out of the house and looked out across the farm.

"I went to uncuff 'im but he weren't there." Daryl said nodding over to the barn.

"Rick!" A yell came from the forest, Shane appearing from behind the tree line a couple seconds after, limping with a face covered in blood. "He jumped me man, took my gun!" He yelled as he came over to us.

"Alright, Daryl and Glenn head that way, me and Shane will go this way." Dad said pointing at two different directions into the woods. "Everyone else stay in the house!" He yelled before the four of them ran into the trees.

"Anything?" I asked Merle who was sat at the window with Sofia asleep in his lap as he watched the tree line for any movement.

"Nah, nothin'." He shook his head as he sighed and looked down at the sleeping girl in his lap.

"You're really good with her you know, Carol too." I smiled as a small blush appeared on his face. "No way, did I just make a Dixon blush?" I laughed slightly as he narrowed his eyes at me. "I'm serious though, Carol deserves a good man like you after all the shit she had to put up with from the piece of shit Ed." I said seriously patting his shoulder.

"Thank you Dear Lyla." He smiled.

"Carl?!" Lori's cries dragged my attention away from Merle and towards her who was looking around frantically. "Carl?!"

"What's going on?" I asked confused, Carl was just here.

"Carl's gone, I can't find him!" She cried running her hands through her hair. "Oh god, what if he's gone after Rick?" She said, that's exactly what he'd do.

"I'm gunna go find him." I said quickly, running out of the door ignoring the people who were calling me back.

As I ran towards the woods I slowed down slightly checking that I had my knives and the gun I had taken from Carl which I still had to return to Daryl. Running through the tree's there was no sign of Carl or the others until I reached a clearing, Shane was stood with his gun pointed at my dad who was stood with his arms out, no weapon.