Fourteen

Not much has happened since the fight between Daryl and Shane yesterday, Merle came back from speaking to Daryl and said that he just needed some space and he'll come find me when he's ready, which I guess he isn't, since he's spent the last few hours stood on guard outside of the barn. Currently everyone else is gathered around the front steps of the Greene's home as we discuss what to do with the Randall kid, well, when I say 'we' and 'discuss' I mean Shane and Dale arguing about whether to kill him or let him go, along with Dad's input every now and again.

"Alright, it's settled." Dad said as he raised his hands to quieten the argument between Dale and Shane, "We'll tie him up, blindfold him and we'll drive him out 20 miles and leave him with some supplies." He continued as he looked around at everyone who seemed to be agreeing with him, all bar one.

"Ain't gunna work Rick." Shane butted in like the goat headed asshole he was. "Let's just get it done, one shot through the head and the problems gone." He continued as he looked around at everyone almost giving them a look that demands their agreement.

"So can we put a bullet through every one of our problems?" I asked cheerily as I hopped up and move forwards, fed up with Shane's shit. "Because I call dibs on the Shane problem!" I shouted enthusiastically as I took a step forwards before being pulled backwards.

"Dear ol' Lyla's right man, we can't jus' kill the kid." Merle's voice came from right behind me, guess he pulled me back.

"What? You getting a piece of her too now or what?" Shane snarled as he glared up at Merle.

"Enough! Those in favour of driving him out of here raise your hands." Dad interrupted as he shoved Shane backwards. The majority of people raised their arm in agreement, Shane and Andrea being the only ones to keep their hands down.

"Alright, it's agreed, me and Shane will drive him out in an hour. Lyla can you go and let Daryl know the plan." He said shooting me a look with a glint in his eyes, damn dad trying to play matchmaker.

"Whats up old man? Too long of a walk for ya?" I joked as I walked past nudging his arm with my own.

If I go round the back he won't see me coming, maybe then he'll speak to me. I thought to myself as I made my way round to the back of the house. As I did I could hear faint footsteps following behind, almost as though they were trying to stay quiet, spinning around I saw Shane standing a few feet behind me a sinister smirk on his face as he slowly got closer.

"What do you want Shane?" I huffed annoyed by his presence already, but rather than some kind of scolding from him he didn't say anything, he just kept walking closer, causing me to slowly start to walk backwards.

"Go away Shane, I gotta go see Daryl." I muttered turning around and starting to walk away, wrong move apparently.

Just as I took a second step away I was suddenly pushed up against the house, I could feel his body pressed up against mine and his breath on the back of my neck as he let out a small laugh and pushed into me even further placing his hand around my mouth.

"Lyla, Lyla, Lyla, what did I tell you?" He whispered in my ear as I squirmed and struggled to get out of his grip. "You and me, we belong together, Shane and Lyla, sounds good doesn't it." He chuckled as the hand that wasn't covering my mouth moved up to grab a fistful of my hair pulling my head backwards so I was looking up at him.

"But no, you'd rather be whoring yourself out to the Dixon's" He whispered as the look in his eyes turned from one of lust to one of hatred and anger. "Bet you even gave the china man some before he got with the farmer girl, right?"

As he was talking I was thinking of a way to get out, and I think I got it. I looked up into his eyes putting on my best puppy dog eyes and started to talk, which was muffled by his hand.