Fifteen

It's been around an hour since Lori attempted to plead Shane's case, Daryl had came to try and talk to me but I just needed some time to myself since it was decided that Shane was free to go about his business as long as he stayed away from me, which obviously did not sit well with Daryl.

"Lyla?" Carl's small voice came from behind me making me jump slightly as I stared into the fire pit.

"What's up bud?" I asked patting the space next to me which he quickly took.

"Can you give this back to Daryl please, hell be so mad if he finds out I took it." He said quietly reaching behind him and pulling out a gun.

"What the? When did you take this?" I asked quickly grabbing the gun from his hands and putting it in the waist band of my jeans.

"I took it earlier, I just wanted to practice so I could keep us safe, now you're going to be mad and so is dad, mum and Daryl." He muttered kicking the dirt below his feet.

"Hey." I said putting my arm round his shoulders and pulling him in for a hug. "They won't be mad at you, and I sure as hell aren't, it's good that you wanna help protect the group, maybe just ask first next time, yeah?" I chuckled slightly as he looked up at me with a small smile.

"Okay." He nodded.

"Alright, let's go find dad." I smiled standing up and pulling him up with me.

Just as we reached the house Dale came storming out and walked off into the field, letting me know what the group had decided, Randall was going to be killed. Going into the house it was oddly quiet, everyone seemed to be fiddling with their thumbs as my dad and Shane stood off in the corner talking quietly.

"Lyla, keep an eye on Carl for me." Dad said as he, Shane and Daryl walked past me and out the front door, Daryl keeping his eyes on Shane who smirked at me as he walked past, Jackass.

A few minutes later shouting from outside caught everyone's attention, rushing out we were met with the sight of dad, Daryl and Shane stood arguing and Carl stood a little off to the side.

"Carl?" I said confused. "I thought you were upstairs with Sofia?" I said remembering that I watched him go up the stairs just after dad had left.

"I snuck out the back, you should've done it dad!" He said looking from me to dad who had a helpless look on his face.

"You didn't do it?" Glenn asked coming to the front of the group.

Shaking his head dad sighed before looking over the group. "We'll find another way." He said as he started to walk towards the house before a shrill scream caught all of our attention.

"Where did that come from?" Andrea asked as we all looked around.

"Over that way." Carol said motioning towards the open field, wait.

"Dale! I saw Dale heading that way after he left the house!" I said quickly taking off in a sprint towards the screams everyone quick to follow suit.

"Dale!" I screamed as I saw him lying in the ground with a walker crouched over his stomach both of them covered in blood.

"Lyla wait!" Merle yelled grabbing me before I could make it to Dale, Daryl running ahead and disposing of the Walker.

"No, no, no." I muttered as I dropped down to Dales side, Merle crouching down besides me. "You're gunna be alright, you're gunna be fine Dale." I tried to reassure him as the rest of the group made it over. "Herschel we have to help him!" I begged looking up at the vet who watched with sad eyes as he shook his head.

"He won't make it to the house, I'm so sorry but there's nothing I can do." He said sadly causing Andrea to drop to her knees and sob, the man was like a father to her, he was all she had left after Amy.