~Author's Notes~ (**With fun free game included inside every box!)

Hola Mi Lunatics! Greetings and Salutations!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you in advance for giving "The Ties That Bind" a chance. I seriously appreciate the time and effort it takes to start reading a strange new story. I truly hope you enjoy reading this twisted tale as much as I enjoy writing it. Oh yeah, and it's totally cool of you to vote, share and make as many comments as you want. The more the merrier, but please do not feel obligated one way or the other.

So this is my first murder mystery on Wattpad, which is kind of departure from my normal YA angst. This story started off inspired by some of the 2020 Open Novella Contest prompts. But like a lot of strange creations, it somehow took off on a life of its own. (Frankenstein's monster comes to mind?)  

4. When something tragic happens, it's often said we lose a piece of ourselves. How far would you go to find these lost parts of yourself in order to be whole again?

10. The new kid is bullied relentlessly until they discover they actually have a quite unique and unexpected talent.

12. "I think we should get another method of picking victims. Spin the bottle seems rude."
( TBH, I really just threw this last one in because I thought it was such a cool quote. One that I plan on using somewhere down the line in this story.)

As usual, I like to give readers a little heads-up of what you getting into before you just jump right into one of my insane stories. So this particularly twisted tale centers around a boy named, Christian Kildare. Who unwittingly finds himself inexplicably drawn into the middle of a small-town murder mystery. So please beware ahead of time, that in order to have a murder mystery ...there must first be a murder, right? Muwaa-ha-ha-haaaa... (Cue sinister laughter) 

With that being said there are also some semi-serious emotional issues in this story. Issues like: life, death, violence, mental health, therapy, non-traditional family problems, and of course ..the whole bloody murder thing? So while I cannot stress this enough, for those readers who are easily traumatized please proceed with a modicum of caution. 

The language of this story can be at times base, coarse, crude, rude, profane, sexist, and or sexual. Pretty much every other adjective you can come up with to say "not necessarily everyone cup of terrible oolong tea". But the language is not designed to offend or alienate anyone. But rather to give a particular tone of voice to the very strange and peculiar mindset that are killer kids caught up in a murder mystery.

While I cannot stress this strongly enough... if you are easily to moderately offended by killer kids cursing up a storm, as they deal with some serious life issues? Then this story is probably not for you. There are many good stories in the "Cool Stories by Cool Authors" category of my library to try out.

 There are many good stories in the "Cool Stories by Cool Authors" category of my library to try out