Chapter 14: Knife Throwing

Tris POV
(After lunch)

Tobias and I are waiting in the training room for the initiates to come back from lunch. Carter and Jordan are again playing in the back. We left the dinning hall early so we can set up the knives.

At 1:00 exactly the initiates come into the room.

"Ok, now we are going to teach you how to throw a knife. Six, stand in front of a target," Tobias says. I smile and walk over to the target.

I stand in front and Tobias grabs three knives.

"If you hit my ear again I will kill you." He smirks. He throws the first knife and it lands by my side. The second one hits right above my head. He throws the third and I feel warmth spread through my ear. I feel my ear and its bleeding. The initiates gasp.

"Four!" I say. He smiles and tell the initiates to get to work. They grab 3 knives and start throwing.

As I walk around, I see everyone is doing well, even Austin. At 6:00, we dismiss everyone, get Carter and Jordan and walk home. I need to get ready for tonight.

Back at the apartment, I start to clean. Tonight my mom, dad, and Caleb are coming over. They are going to meet my friends and my kids. Later on, me, Tobias and our friends are going to play Candor or Dauntless. My parents a and brother can stay and play if they would like to.

"Tris, why are you so worried? It's only your parents and your brother," Tobias says.

"And our friends!" I say matter-of-factly.

"They've been in here when it was messy before, and your parents shouldn't care," he reasons.

"Well I don't want to look like slobs," I say. Tobias rolls his eyes and walks into the bedroom.

Then Carter and Jordan run out of their room.

"Mommy, can we watch a movie?" Carter asks. Jordan nods along with him.

"Sure. Go and pick it out." They choose Finding Nemo. I put the movie in and continue cleaning. Tobias comes out and sits on the couch with them.

"Tris, come watch with us," he says.

I try and say no but i can deny the look on Jordan's face so I go over and sit with them. I end up watching until 7:45.

"I need to go to the train tracks and meet my parents and brother," I say. Tobias nods and I get up. I kiss Jordan and Carter, and Tobias as well, and walk out of the apartment.