eight *

King

---

{{ Written by Stephanie N }}

---

《《 All Rights Reserved 》》

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eight | The Family *
MATURE CONTENT

"So since the pack I wiped out knew you were my mate, there's a possibility other packs know that you exist." Mark said to me a few days later.

He didn't mention anything and had stayed home to help get me feeling better. Once I was feeling like normal, he started actively telling me things going on with the pack and my safety.

"Can't you just tell them to stop going after your crown? You're the king of alphas." I asked.

He shook his head. "It's a bit more complicated than that. That would just be like tyranny. My authority doesn't allow me to tell people to not threaten my position. Every tyrant is subject to being overthrown. I just have to protect my thrown and family in order for that not to happen. As long as there's an heir, there's no chance of being overthrown." He said.

"But because there isn't--" I said full of guilt. Again with the baby talk and the constantly trying. Was it too much to ask for a baby?

He interrupted me. "That's not the point and nor is that your fault." He said.

"But, yes, I can be technically overthrown right now. That is why they go after you. If I have no mate, I don't have a child unless I have sex with someone else, but I will not do that." He said.

"Will your parents make you if I don't have your kids?" I asked him. I felt like I was probing too deeply, but it needed to be answered.

He hesitated before answering. "Yes. If it gets too long, they will request I impregnate someone who isn't you." He said.

"That would kill me." I said. The pain of a mate impregnating or carrying a child of a different wolf was too much to bear. It was way worse than going through heat.

This was designed so that mates would stay devoted to each other which wasn't even hard to do in the first place.

The pain of a mate with a child that isn't your own usually ended in suicide.

He nodded. "I believe we can have a child of our own though. We're pretty proactive at it, and we also did have one." He said carefully bringing up our child.

We were both still grieving.

"Did you remove Insulin from this pack?" I asked him.

"I did not remove her. I transferred her to a different city with her parents." He said, not bothering to correct me with her name.

He lowkey found it amusing too.

"Did she apologize to me?" I asked.