Chapter 4

My mouth gaped open at the sight of the boy, the smug, arrogant, stupidly hot guy stood beside Jordan. In my state of surprise, I hadn't realised how long I had been staring with my mouth wide open, looking like I was trying to catch some bugs. 

With a rather blank expression on his face, the new guy (Rodger was it? I had forgotten already), looked me up and down before turning to Jordan with an arched brow. "Is She broken?" He said plainly, indicating me with his thumb. 

Mentally shaking myself out of the shock, I closed my mouth at last and crossed my arms over my chest. Was this guy serious right now? Did he not recognise me at all? Once again, the word Jerk ran through my head. It seemingly becoming a theme of thought when this 'Rodger' is involved. Yep, i'm pretty sure his name is Rodger. Not a name I would have picked for him. Perhaps something more modern and short; snappy almost. The name Rodger reminds me of an old man, like the guy who use to be at the nursing home with my grandparents. But I guess his parents must have liked it... or they just wanted to torture him. "I'll have you know, I am far from broken." I shot back, giving the newcomer a stern look, trying to show I can stand my ground and talk for myself. 

"Oh, so you do know how to close your mouth then. I was starting to think we would have to glue it shut." A smirk rose on his face. Although, I noted briefly that it did not quite reach his eyes. Instead they remained like the black pits they had been since he arrived in front of me and most likely beforehand aswell. What was this guys problem? Did he have a rude comeback to everything Or was he trying extra hard to get under my skin some more? 

Turning my eyes into slits, I further crossed my arms and glared at him. "Maybe I could shut my mouth, if I wasn't stood with the most shockingly dickheadish guy I had ever meet." I practically shrieked at him, mentally telling myself off for cursing. Seeing a kind of look flash behind his eyes and the smirk drop from his face, I felt an over-achieving sense of glee. Feeling like I  had won, I released the folded arms from across my chest and smirked right back at him. No doubt a very smug one at that. 

After a pause, Rodger took a step closer to me and then another. Until he was a few mere inches from me. So close I could feel his breath on my face, as he towered over me. Only now had I been able to notice the extent to his sharp facial features and toned body. From under his hood, I caught a glimpse of his hair. Some shade of dark brown, even black perhaps, I couldn't quite tell. But I could tell that it hung slightly over his black pitfall eyes, giving the illusion of a fringe. He had light stubble protuding from his chin, framing his nothing but perfect jawline and facial structure. A few weeks since he has shaved at my guess. Damn, I hate to admit it but this guy was hot. Like really hot. And don't even get me started on his body. It was clear from looking at how the hoodie fitted tightly to his muscels that he worked out regually.  Jerk or not, I couldn't deny what I was seeing. 

"Strong opinion for someone who just met me" He growled, looking at me like I was an annoying fly he wanted nothing more than to squash. Bringing me back from the distraction that was himself. 

Taking my lower lip between my teeth and biting softly, I struggled not to look away from him. His intense gaze remaining on me. "I..I..You" I stammered. My words coming out short and in a jumbled mess. 

Tipping his head back slightly, he let out an sinister laugh. "I..I..You" he mocked, putting on a voice that I can only assume was to minic my own. "Spit it out". As soon as the mock words left his mouth, i could feel my cheeks burning. The feeling of smug glee soon turned into one of pure embarrashment. 

Pushing my embarrashment back down into the pit of my stomach, I tried to find the courage to stand my ground again. To point out to this jerk that he couldn't speak to me like that. Lifting my chin up I stared intently at him, now moving my arms behind me. Mostly to hide the fact that my hands were shaking and my nails were once more digging into the soft skin on my palms. "You drove past me this morning. You soaked me on purpose" I accused, imaging myself jabbing at his chest. 

Upon hearing this, a strangled sound erupted from beside us both. A mix between laughter and choking. Snapping my head around I looked upon Jordan, sat once quietly stuffing his face with both mine and his chips. I had completely forgotten that he was even there. Or anyone else in the cafe for that matter. In that moment prior, my nerves and anger were so high that everyone around me and Rodger ceased to exist. Glancing back over to Rodger for a split second I could see he was wearing the same confused expression as I was. Both of us stared down at our friend as he choked on chips whilst pointing at us both. "Wait, your the reason she is wearing this god awful outfit?" He asked, directing his question to Rodger, who still stood with a puzzled look. 

Raising his hands in mock defeat, Rodger took a step back from me and chuckled at Jordan. "Dude, never seen this chick before you introduced us. No idea what she is on about". This time it was his turn to give me the smug look, raising an eyebrow as if to challenge me to object. This jerk was really making me out to be the liar here.

Before I had the chance to retaliate and defend my honor - for I knew it was him this morning- Jordan spoke up, finally regaining control from his laughter and inhaling the mouthful of food he had. "I can see you guys will get on like a house on fire" He glanced between us with what could only be described as an devilish glint in his eyes. He was loving this all to much. 

With a huff, I plonked myself back down into my seat and ate the remaining chips on my plate. Granted, this wasn't many since Jordan has scoffed most of them. The was like a human hover when it came to food. If I ever needed anyone to eat to save my life, it would be Jordan. God knows where he stored it all, he was only slightly less toned than Rodger. There's Jordan eating anything and everything he likes without consequences but litte old me eats more than one pack of chips and i'm rolling myself to school. It was totally unfair. 

.......

The rest of break flew by, it would seem that ignoring the presence of jerk face was easier than one previously thought, before we knew it the bell was sounding for next period. Getting my timetable from my bag, I studied it before facing Jordan. "What do you have now?" I asked, begging and hoping that he was with me. 

I patiently waited whilst he now checked his own timetable, figuring out his next class. "I've got Maths, Youself?" The loud groan I let out was enough to make him chuckle, it being clear we did not have the same lesson. "2 hours Geography" I muttered back, dissappointed at the thought of having to sit through any class without Jordan to annoy me. At least Geography was my best subject, I thought to myself. 

"I picked geography aswell" 

I take it back. 

kill me, end my suffering now, please. 

...........

Chapters slowly getting longer and longer. Yay me. 

So far ive wrote 5 chapters in a day, pretty good if you ask me. 

Lets see if i can keep it up. Might have chapter 6 up yet. 

Let me know what you think of the story so far, in the comments section. 

xx