Chapter 28 - Its A Holy Day

"If idiots could fly this place would be an airport

"If idiots could fly this place would be an airport." - unknown

"Do you have to go? You didn't even like your dad." Lillian whined as she tried to drag him back to bed, he chuckled lightly.

"You're just saying this cause you're bored." He replied as he tied his shoes.

"Yeah well being fake dead does that to a person when its just you and my brothers that know." She sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"And who's fault is that." He taunted with a smirk as he lit a cigarette.

"I resent your implications Tommy, I will tell the rest when shit calms down, or if I see a good opportunity to you know show myself but It does mean I can snoop a lot better or creep people out." She explained with a smirk on her, Tommy rolled his eyes at his wife before standing up, Lillian limply falling to bed as she hadn't moved her head from his shoulder. She sighed loudly, looking up at him with a pout on her lips. "Can't you stay a little longer, for me?" She batted her eyelids at him, and he shook his head.

"No, I can't and stop doing that face, ever since you gave birth to Charlie you've been able to do that. Does he teach you powers when I'm not around." He told her, trying not to look at her face.

"No, not that I'd ever tell you if he did, but you could imagine what it'd look like if we had a baby girl with this face." She teased as she did the face again and Tommy started to walk backward out of the room, grabbing his watch and note from the vanity table as he repeatedly shook his head.

"Uh uh don't even think about it, get the thought outta your head right now."

"But –" Her pleading intensified, eyes watering a little.

"Oh my god, how do you that on command, stop it. I'm leaving." He quickly ran out of the room, the door shutting behind him and Lillian sighed, her head falling back onto the bed. They both had big families it was gonna happen sometime soon anyway. The door quickly slammed open and Lillian sat up alerted, only to come face to face with Tommy as he kissed her.

"Love you, bye" he quickly ran out the room again without a glance to her face just in case she tried to do the face again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I heard there's strikes going all over town, that Jessie Eden is organizing it all." Lillian overheard the maids in the kitchen as she put Charlie down for a nap. "One by one, there all stopping, only women and there's talk that even Mr. Shelby's company will do exactly the same."

"Will they now." Lillian appeared around the corner and the maids jumped.

"Apologies Mrs. Shelby." Mary rose to her feet and Lillian shook her head.