Chapter 27 - I need to make a Dramatic Entrance

I have inspiration and feelings of being alive most every day I live

I have inspiration and feelings of being alive most every day I live. - Judy Collins 

"Oh, come on Tommy, I've had worst injuries during the war than a silly old bullet at close range." Lillian added, breaking the silence with a small smile on her lips. Putting the wine glass down on the windowsill.

"But-but I held you in my arms when you died. I felt you die." He stuttered closing the door behind him as his brain tried to process the shocking revelation of his dead wife not being dead.

"I know but I wasn't." She replied and Thomas gripped his hair tightly.

"That's not a good enough answer, I buried you for fuck sake." He said, his anger building as she was treating it like it wasn't a big deal.

"I know I saw. My brothers and I found a way to slow my heart rate down okay and when you were too busy shouting for help, they gave it to me, and it made it seem like I was dead." Lillian explained.

"Why the fuck would you do such a stupid thing?! Are you out of your mind!" Thomas shouted.

"Yes."

"Lillian this isn't fucking funny. These have been the worst weeks of my life and to know that you were watching me instead of being here, fucking pisses me off alright." Thomas shouts and Lillian looked down, stepping closer to him. She tried to reach for him, but he stepped back and sat on the edge of the bed. "I mourned for you Lillian. The family mourned for you and the fact that your brothers knew and not me, fucking breaks me Lill's. Why? Just tell me why?"

"I had to, I knew once you told me everything with the business and the Russians, that something was gonna happen and something was gonna be you dead and I couldn't let that happen okay Thomas. I knew someone would try something and I had a pretty good suspicion that would happen at the benefit with all the important people. Everyone had to believe that I was dead Thomas so that I could figure out what the fuck was going on, even you." She explained as quickly as possible, kneeling down in front of him.

"Even me, but not your brothers." He replied quietly.

"Believe it or not but my brothers are very good at pretending other siblings are dead. James and Harry once made a bakery believe that our brother Leo was dead to get free cakes and it kinda went out of control and then—that's beside the point but everyone would only believe I'm dead if they saw how you'd react Thomas and that's something that you couldn't pretend to be."

"I could've." He replied childishly and she rolled her eyes.

"No, you couldn't but one of things I found out and planned was that we both know that the prick of a reverend is telling the other side about your Russian deal and he needs to die."

"I know." He said and he sighed. "But What you did was stupid and wrong."

"As if you've never done anything wrong Thomas." She scoffed standing up.