Ed Told Me to Caption This SWEERAN

Taylor POV:
The movie finishes, and it's about 8:30.

"So what do you wanna do?" I ask, as we sit in his car.

"Not go home, I wanna keep hanging out, go do something," he replies.

"Like what?"

He shrugs. "I don't know."

We're silent for a minute until he breaks that.

"Swimming."

I laugh. "Swimming? It's December! And I don't know where any private indoor pools are. I'm sure as hell not going to a public one."

"Embarrassed to be seen with me?" he jokes.

Ed POV:

"You know that's not the reason. It's Jake," she replies.

"Taylor, I don't think we shoul-" I start.

She puts her hand on my wrist. "No, it's Jake."

I follow her gaze out the window, to see Jake standing there.

"Shit shit shit shit shit," she mutters. "Drive, please"

"I don't think it's that big of a deal that he sees us here," I say. "I mean, you told him we're han-"

"Ed, please drive," Taylor interrupts, fighting back tears.

"Okay," I give up, although I will continue this conversation with her later.

Taylor POV:

After a few minutes of silence, she speaks. "I told him we were working on tour stuff."

"Why?" he asks, genuinely wondering.

I don't take the time to think of a lie. I just don't tell the part where about how scared of him I am. "Because if he knew we were hanging out, he would've started some shit about it."

Ed challenges me with his next question, although he doesn't realize it. "Well then why do you stay with him?"

I've been asked this question a million times by Selena, except I can't give Ed the truth, like I can Selena.

I sigh. "I guess that the ups of our relationship triumph over the downs."

There's that little voice in the back of my head that reminds me that their are no ups.

He parks the car, marking an end to the conversation.

We're at a store-I don't know which one though.

"Stay here," he says as he goes inside.

Ed left the keys with me, so I lean back in the seat, turn up the heat, and turn the radio up.

After quickly setting up my phone with the Bluetooth, I scroll down on my music to 'L'.

Ed POV:

I get inside and head to the Women's department.

I find what I'm looking for, a bathing suit.

I don't know why there are bathing suits out in December, but I'm thankful for it.

I'm about to head over to the men's department when some paparazzi come up to me.

"Why are you buying a woman's bikini?" they ask.

Shit.

"It's my cousins birthday tomorrow, and she recently installed an indoor hot tub, so this is going to part of her gift."