Chapter Thirty-One

Charlie's POV

I wasn't happy waking up to multiple sounds at once; talking, arguing, steam hissing, animal roaring, metal clanging.

I sat up in my bed—actually it wasn't a bed, it was a goddamn camping cot built like a crib—and climbed out of it. Aiden laid on a normal cot, lying facing away from me. I could hear him crying most of the night.

The room we were put in was kinda dull. There were no windows, just another tv screen with a picture of a clear day. We had a desk, it was covered in drawing paper and bottles full of pencils and pens. Our "bathroom" was a toilet in the corner—had that it actually been installed? Did someone magic it up? I honestly didn't want the answer to that.

The door was locked, sealed with magic I think. There wasn't any kind of visible keypad or lock, yet whenever I touched the door it hurt my hands and pushed me away. Shan-Yu and Helga had no trouble touching the door though.

I hope Mulan finds us soon...

"Hey, Aiden?" I went up to him. "Are you awake? Aiden?"

He didn't respond, but held himself tighter. I climbed onto the cot and shook him.

   "Come on! You think I'm not upset too? The characters I've been watching in my favorite movies, the ones I always thought were amazing, kidnapped me! You can't sulk here forever! They might hurt you or something!"

   "Kid, they'll kill me regardless..." his voice was hoarse.

"What are you talking about?"

"When I saw Bendy... I realized I was way in over my head. I can't build toons right! I could barely get a god damn android to work!"

Aiden moved over so he could look me in the eye.

"Why do you even think you're here? To help me? You're just a kid!"

"I can so help—!"

"Can you draw toon figures? Can you construct artificial organs? Can you make Toon Acid?"

"I—"

"Charlie, stop acting like you're in control! You're not! We're both screwed, so shut your damn mouth!"

Aiden dropped back against the cot, ignoring me once again. It took all the willpower in me to stop myself from punching him in the nose. I got off the cot and sat myself by the desk, arms folded. For an adult, he was fucking immature.

   We were here for about an hour. I used the toilet while Aiden wasn't looking, embarrassed about it regardless. Then I grabbed a piece of paper and one pen from the desk, then hid myself under the desk to draw. I mostly drew sketches of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, passive aggressively proving I could draw toons, then I drew pictures of fruits and cakes because I was really hungry.

   In the end there was one small blank space in the center of the paper. I drew Bendy there.

   "Rise and shine, boys,"

   I didn't notice Helga had just come in the room. A little startled, I pushed myself further under the desk until my back hit the wall.

   "Whatcha doing under there, huh?" she knelt down to see me. "You've been drawing something here?"

   I sat quiet as she took the paper, he eyes going over my drawings. She looked impressed.

   "Didn't think you could draw this good. These are nice, babe."

   I only looked down and muttered a quiet 'thank you'. Helga put the paper and pen up on the desk before reaching out for me. Too scared to do anything against her, I came out from my hiding place to take her awaiting hand.