eight > > of concerts and being aloof.

prompt eight: write a scene that takes place at a concert. 

Music thumps loudly, virtabrating off of the ceilings, the floors, the walls; until it is everywhere. The whole place seems to be made of music, and it's amazing. I don't use that word as lightly as some of my peers, but this is deserving. This is absolutely amazing. 

I feel so at one with everyone in this room. We are all the same in the strobe lights, one body with many souls, all dancing to the music in some way or form, singing or mouthing along. This is what makes concerts amazing. The unity of it all. It never fails to surprise me. 

But I feel most unified with you, your hand resting gently on my hip, singing the words low enough so that only I can hear them as they become tangled with everyone else's. Your lips are close to my ear and your breath is making the hairs on the back of my neck rise. It's hard to concentrate on my awe at the concert when you are so close, but I do my best, trying to copy your own aloofness. No need to make myself seem more into you. 

After all, we're not dating.

Not really. 

Sure, we've made out a few times and I like you. I know it seems like we should be, but I'm not sure you're ready for it. Hell, I'm not sure I'm ready for it. So I pretend to be completely immune to your charms, to your casual hand on my hip, or your breath on my neck.

Which is probably why when you murmur  "I like you."  into my ear,  so quietly I think I may have imagined it, I turn and look at you with wide eyes.

"Huh?" No matter what anyone says, I'm very good at articulating myself. 

"I like you." You say again, and you're still so quiet I can barely hear, but I'm convinced I'm not dreaming now. 

At first, I am naturally excited. Then I'm vendictive. I need to get back at you for your aloof nature, your stringing me along. I need to get you back. 

I smirk, shrugging. "Whatever." 

You seem genuinely surprised, then crestfallen, and it's so cute that I can't help it. I lean in, kissing you slowly. You are unresponsive at first, and I wonder if I have messed it up, but then you give a small smile against my lips and kiss me back, your lips making me delirious.

Then you pull away, and I smile up at you. I decide I'm not good at being vendictive, not toward you. 

"I like you too."

We  kiss again, and the bass thumps against the ground, and the whole world tilts becomes just this moment, the music pounding through my body, and your lips against mine, soft and strong at once. 

Yeah, this is absolutely amazing.