two >> of cute dresses and porn.

prompt 2: write a scene involving a simple item that triggers a memory.

There are too many memories here.

There are memories in the imprint where you last sat on the couch. The day we watched Mulan for the last time. Although, I suppose 'watched' isn't exactly what we did.

There are memories in the half-full mug of tea you left on my kitchen counter. It's gross, I know. But I just can't seem to force myself to dump it out.

There are memories in the crisp pages of your sketch pad, in the last drawing you drew. It was of me. You made me too beautiful. I know when you said I really was that pretty it was bullshit.

There are memories in your pillow, still on your side of the bed. I still sleep holed up on my side, and I half expect to hear one of your too-loud snores or feel your arm wrap around my waist. 

There are memories in a stack of books on your nightstand. They are from the library. I got a $200 fine in the mail. Two hundred  dollars for a stack of books that probably cost the library thirty dollars all together. I still can't take them back.

You're fucking up my credit.

There are memories in the hairbrush you left on my nightstand. Your wispy blonde hair is still wrapped around it, and I stare at it way more than I care to admit,

There are memories in the dresses you left in my closet. They are so luxurious standing next to my simple skirts and pants. I don't think you ever wore pants.

I didn't mind that until I had to try to get one of those damned dresses off of you. 

In the two pairs of thongs you owned, the special occasion ones, and all of the too colorful panties you wore the rest of the time. 

In the shoes lined up so neatly on your side of the closet. High heels, all of them.

In the laptop you still have on your desk. I never knew you watched so much porn, by the way. Now I understand why you always told me to clear your internet history if you died.

Pervert. 

This house is haunted. 

Haunted by the memories in all of the simplicity you left behind.