Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Okay, whoever said Memphis was a 'kid' was clearly mistaken. I mean, he's not even a child and there I was, searching the kiddie table in hope to find a little Memphis amongst the rest of the trouble makers in disguise. In front of me didn't stand a child, but instead, stood a man. A very, very handsome young man.

Refined jaw line and fluffy hair, hypnotizing brown eyes that masked off all emotion but still kept you intrigued. The dude was a God to say the least and I guess the things I've heard about him are clearly shown in his posture. Looking at him, these are the few things I was able to take in.

One, him staring down at his drink and keeping his eyes glued there shows that he doesn't want to be spoken to, so won't make eye contact with anyone to avoid giving them false hope of him wanting to start a conversation.

Two, although he is dressed in a slick tuxedo and his hair looked a little gelled back, before his hands decided to take a trip along his scalp, you can tell he has a certain edge to him, almost like an aura screaming at people to back away.

Three, he has a permanent frown set on his face. No hint of a smile, no cheeky smirk to compliment his bad ass looks, no nothing; just a shell, holding so much emotion but confining it all beneath his hard exterior.

God he is sexy. I'm not even going to be shy about it; I'll lay it straight out.

As the night went on, my eyes never left Memphis. I'm not sure if he ever noticed me staring at him, but I figured, if he didn't like to be looked at then I may as well get a good months worth of taking in his sex God features.

If he was going to hide from me for a month, I may as well lap it up now right?

Okay, maybe I'm a little perverted, but HEY! If you saw Memphis with your own eyes you'd think the same thing. As he stood from his permanent seat at the bar I got a good glimpse of the man at full height. His hair was a little messy now, has jaw tight and clenched, making his cheeks look hollow. His skin was flawless, bones refined, nose slanted into a perfect point, ending with a cute button lump.

He walked with grace, although there was a little stiffness in his step, it was almost as if he was a robot, step by step, his fists balling everytime someone's eyes darted to his retreating figure. He was so mysterious and unreadable it was strangely intriguing.

It was just passed midnight when we decided to leave and I was trailing behind Mom and Dad's car, following them to their home. I was literally on the edge of my seat just waiting to sit down and talk about Memphis moving in.

--

Once we all arrived at their home, we piled into the living room alongside a reluctant Memphis.

"Uh, Memphis... My name is Ryan. I'm Jeff's Son." I smiled. I thought about offering my hand for him to shake, but I didn't want to push it too far. I was already breaking his no looking and no talking rule and I didn't want to break the no touching one as well. I didn't get a verbal response, but he did nod his head, which I am grateful for. I smiled a warm smile once again and was about to carry on until he stared straight into my eyes, not only making my heart thump, but making the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight.

I held his gaze as did he. He stared so deep into my eyes I thought just by one look he knew everything about me, just one look and he knew my deep and darkest secrets, just one look and he could see deep into the depths of my soul.

"Actually, Mom, Dad, do you think I could talk to him alone?" I asked, without breaking eye contact with Memphis. I don't know what it was, but his stare was so cold, almost as if he knew I was going to hurt him or something. Little did he know, I'd never dream of doing so, not only that, but he also had me wrapped around his damn finger.