"Alright, so how exactly did you get into position?" I ask getting into a weak stance that try's to mimic him in front of the punching bag.

"I'm trying to beat you're ass over here, King" i then say using his last name.

I hear him chuckle behind me and I smile at that but quickly hide it.

His laughter has a nice ring to it.

"Are you making fun of me behind my back, King?" I ask turning back to face him.

He quickly covers up his laugh as he sees me glaring at him.

"Just turn around and get into your stance" Hayden says and I do as he says.

I get into the same stance he was in, this time I was actually trying, and he starts to fix a few mistakes in my stance already.

"Hit the bag" He says and that's exactly what I do.

"Right.

Right

Right

Switch to your left" He says and this is were I know I'm going to fail.

I get that out of my mind and hit with my left as best as I can.

He stops me right after and shows me how and that's how my day at the gym went.

It was mostly him teaching me how to punch with my left and most of the defensive stance.

"Why are you helping me?" I finally ask once we finish.

Hayden looks at me with a soft look before he takes a drink out of his water bottle.

"I want you to know how to fight so you won't feel weak if you run into danger again" He says once he's done with his water.

At first I was confused before I realize that he was talking about what happened when he found me in the alley.

"Oh" Is all I manage to say.

"what happened that night?" Hayden ask looking at me carefully.

"I was walking down the alley when this guy came towards me and tried to steal my purse" I say the same thing like last time.

"Didn't go to good" I mutter out remembering the hits I took and threw.

I'm going to fight through like I've done these couple of years.

The only problem standing in my way is the Rookie.

"Of course you went through the alley" I hear Hayden say sarcastically.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask getting defensive.

"Oh well you know, the character that goes through the alley to get home quicker is always killed first. Have you never watched a horror movie?" He says looking down at me with a smirk.

"Oh shut up" I say standing up to give him a slap on the shoulder to which he moves away.

"You know I'm right" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Look, I know I cant afford to pay you for these "classes" I guess but I'll pay you back someday" I say turning serious.

"I don't want your money" He says almost immediately.

"I don't want to be in debt to you" I say.

"You don't have to be in debt to me, take this as a friend looking out for a friend" He finally says.

I raise my eyebrow at the term he used.

"We're friends now?" I ask with a smile and he gives me a look as if to say "are you serious"

"I'm kidding" i say wanting to laugh but I keep it in.

"Why don't we do this. In return for you teaching me I'll make you dinner? How about it?" I ask and he looks up and rubs his chin as if to say he's thinking about it.

"Well I do smell good food coming from your apartment.... I'm in" He says finally putting his hand in a handshake.

I give him a handshake and we seal the deal with that.

"Come over around 7" I say and with that I leave.

~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!