37

' Where are you going?'

Kenneth asked when he walked into their bedroom to find her doing her makeup. She was now three months pregnant and the doctor had ordered to avoid stress again. The last time she gave her a clean bill of health but when she returned on the completion of her first trimester it was yet again elevated.

' Out.'

' What do you mean out?!'

' Ken, I'm going out of this house. I've been cooped up in here long enough and I need some air.'

' Then go outside but you're not leaving this yard!'

Kenneth figured her attitude was brought on by the fact that he had gone out with Jessica. Accompanying her to her doctor's appointment. Nkuli had not been the same since that day but no matter how many times he asked her, she was fine.

' Last time I checked my father was dead. Now excuse me I have somewhere to be.'

' You're not going anywhere. The doctor said to rest.'

' No he said to avoid stress and you ain't helping me right now.'

' How?, when I am trying to prevent you for hurting our baby?'

' You have a funny way of showing it.'

Nkuli slipped on her stilettos and tried to walk out their bedroom but he pulled her back by her upper arm and blocked the bedroom door.

' Is this about Jessica?'

Nkuli scoffed. It obviously was about him playing happy family with his ex girlfriend and it was about the fact that she called everyday and at godly hours. She called so many times, she sometimes could not get a call to him.

' Nobody cares about your little girlfriend but you.'

' Nkuli I thought after our unplanned baecation, we had learnt to communicate with each other and listen to each other.'

' Oh you want to communicate, fine! I'm sick of it. I'm sick of this. All of this. I'm sick of you answering her unnecessary calls at godly hours of the morning And you rushing to see her everytime she cries wolf. I am sick of having to share my husband. This is not what I signed for when I said for better or for worse.'

' You know she needs me too and I am doing all this so she can let me see my son when he's born.'

' Are you kidding me right now? She needs you!? What about what I need huh? Did you ever just sit and consider how this pregnancy has affected me? I am your wife Kenny. The only person you were supposed to be having any children with and you have the audacity to stand infront if me and tell me you're doing this for your son. Get the fuck outta here!'

Kenneth tried to touch her but she retreated backwards in tears.

' Babe I am sorry. '

' No! Just save your sorry and get out of my way. I have friends to meet with.'

' I cannot let you go out emotional like this. Can we just sit and talk about this. I did not mean to hurt you and I honestly did not think much of it since you haven't said anything since I told you about the child.'

They continued arguing back and forth till eventually she gave up and spent the night in their guest room.