Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I stepped out of the office and into the sunshine, a huge smile on my face. I felt like stretching my arms out and spinning around in my boot heels but, mainly for my steely image, I decided against it.

I'd probably end up ass over tit anyway. I pulled my shades down and began the walk to The Garden. It was in Shoreditch where my flat was and the walk only took twenty minutes which in this heat was more than worth it.

I was originally from Manchester, which is in the northern side of England but I hadn't lived there for almost five years. If I wanted to do my job and do it well, I had to live in London, it was as simple as.

On the occasional weekend I would go up to watch Manchester United as I did like my football but I hadn't been since... well since Luke left. We used to drive up together so it didn't really feel right going without him. Huh, maybe we could start going up again now that he was back? Even bring dumb and dumber?

I pulled my phone out, I best send a text to Thomas and a few of the others to say that if they needed anything, to contact the main office because I was going off the radar this weekend. They'll probably-

"Woah!" My feet slipped from under me and I squeezed my eyes shut expecting to hit the pavement but when I didn't feel the impact, I quickly realised I had been steadied on my feet.

They're chuckling vibrated me as they kept hold. I guessed a man because they had strong arms but... I could be wrong. I flicked open one eye to see my saviour and then both once I noticed who it was. "Luke!" I yelled as I threw both arms around him. "Oh my God!"

He carried on laughing as he hugged me back, his arms felt so strong! He put me back down on my feet but I didn't want to stop rubbing his arms – so I didn't. He had been seriously working out!

"It is starting to get a little creepy now." He told me with a huge smile.

I took my sunglasses away from eyes to get a real look at him. His blonde hair was still short on top of his head and he had a bit more of a stubble but it suited him. His green eyes were as bright as ever and really shone under his tan and white button down shirt which was rolled up to the elbows.

I rubbed my hand down his chest. "Wow Luke, you've really buffed up!" I laughed. He was rock hard under there!

His legs were wrapped in blue denim and he had brown boots on his feet. He looked smoking. Damn, this was going to be harder than I thought. "Thanks, I guess." He muttered while scratching the back his neck, looking a little uncomfortable.

I scoffed and hit his chest with the back of my hand – he had done way worse in front of me to be embarrassed! "What are you doing here?"

He looked a little put out, "Am I not allowed to meet my best friend after she skips out of work on a Friday early?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Hey! Have you seen this weather? I'm not being stuck up there while people down here are enjoying themselves!" I defended. "You also didn't answer my question."

He shrugged. "I wanted to see you – genuinely. I've missed you and we have loads to catch up on."

"Fair enough, how did you know I was finishing early then?" That was a little spooky. He hadn't just been waiting out here for hours has he?

"I rang your assistant and she told me."

"I either need to change her number or sack her." I joked as we crossed the road. Why wouldn't she tell me that Luke was waiting when I walked past her desk? Damn her! "Are you not boiling hot in those clothes?"