Meeting the in-laws

"Mother? David?" Alice asked, surprised.

Once it got dark, Alice had had enough and finally decided to take back his mate from Kalego-sensei's clutches, only to find his mother and butler at the headmaster's office. What was she doing here? Could it be...

"By that pretty blush, I believe you know why I am here." Amaryllis giggled, embarrassing her son. "He should be waiting for you at the gardens," she told her son before walking away. "If you need any help with the preparations I am always there for you, until then ta-ta."

"Madam, are you sure it is ok to leave things as they are?" David asked his Lord, worriedly for his young master.

"Did you not see Iruma-chan's eyes? Those are the eyes of a good Alpha," Amaryllis replied seriously, recalling her meeting with her son-in-law to be.

"Iruma-chan! It's so nice to see you again!" Amaryllis greeted the young demon with a wide smile, as she entered the private office of Lord Sullivan with David following close by. Her smile only widened when she noticed his new rank. "It seems like congratulations are in order. I did not expect anything less when I found out you saved my boy and his classmates!"

"Thank you, Asmodeus-san," he replied, he was very polite but the Lord of Lust noticed he was also nervous.

She stopped herself from giggling, the boy must be dying of nervousness without having her laughing at him. She realized what this was about immediately, if she was honest she had expected it a long time ago. But she also realized how serious the whole situation was, the Asmodeus house uniting with Lord Sullivan's household. Not to mention it also meant that the Lord of Lust and one of the Three Beasts were creating an alliance. So, she was very proud they were being careful about the whole situation and taking the responsible route.

"Asmodeus-san, I know I should be asking you for your permission...but I believe that's bullshit." Iruma surprised Amaryllis and David by both cursing and his disrespect of a sacred tradition. "Alice is an amazing demon, powerful, kind, beautiful, and smart. I will not have him limited to his second gender. Everyone talks about how nowadays no one cares what second gender one is as long as they are powerful, then why this tradition still exists? Courting I get, it is to see if two people are compatible, but why is it only the Alpha doing the courting? Only when an Omega is involved? Why does the Omega need the permission of their sire to mate? Why not Alphas too? That's, to put it bluntly, bullshit! Alice knows himself and no one can make him do anything he does not want to do, so if he has decided he wants to mate me I will not disrespect his wishes and ask for someone's blessing to something they had no right to comment on. It is his body and future, which means his decision. So, I did not ask you here for your permission but to tell you Alice and I decided to become mates and wanted your blessing as a mother not as a sire."

Both older demons looked at the young Demi Demon in shock, the usual pushover Iruma had become quite assertive out of nowhere. Then again, it might have to do with the fact that it had to do with someone he cares about and not about himself.

Amaryllis could only stare at the young demon and feel warmth spreading through her chest, her boy had found an amazing mate. She had tried for years to stop this tradition or at least change it so it could show the advance their society had gone through when it comes to second genders. But nothing. She had lost hope for any change. Yet, here he was. A young Alpha boy who had everything you could ask for, even a mate who would follow his every order, but he still treats an Omega with the respect they deserve. Treating them as equals. Not even caring that he might have gained the anger of his mate's sire. His Omega was more than worth it and deserving of his total respect. Amaryllis always thought that it was her boy who was totally and madly in love with Lord Sullivan's boy... but it seems like the sentiment was returned. It filled her heart with such happiness.