The One With Murder Of One

I sat on comfortable chair, reading a book. A young witch, Bonnie, just finished the spell that was supposed to unlink us all. She left soon after completing the spell, leaving me with my darling husband and Rebakah who was still having fun torturing the oldest Salvatore.
''Love...'' Klaus addressed me, kneeling in front of me.
I ignored him, continuing to read my book.
''Will you tell me what I did wrong?'' he asked, softly.
''You did nothing wrong.'' I said, not taking my eyes of the book.
''Well...I obviously did.'' he stood up ''Was it something I said?'' he asked.
''Klaus..'' I tried to say something but he cut me off ''Don't call me Klaus! You call me that way when you are angry with me...'' he said.

It was true. Our whole life I have called him Nik, Klaus was a name I called him when I was upset.
''Klaus...Why do you care? You said it yourself...Love is the vampire's greatest weaknees,and we are not week, but true love does sometimes have it's perks. Sometimes.'' I left the book on the side table, facing him.
''You know I love you.'' he said.
''I don't. actually.'' I said, standing up.
''Are you with me because you love me? Or because you think I will never leave your side,and would do anything for you?'' I looked at him.
''Althea...gosh...after all these years?I love you! You are my rock, the thing that makes me sane! '' he walked to me, taking my hands in his kissing them softly. ''I love you!'' he repeated.
I smiled. I could never be mad at him for too long. ''I'm sorry. I just...I don't know.'' I shook my head trying to say something smart.
Thankfully, the arrival of the younger Salvatore saved me.

''Klaus, I'm here! Let's do this.'' we heard a voice from the main hall.
''What is he doing here?'' I asked, walking side by side with Nik towards the main hall.
''Oh good, a hero. What do you want?'' Nik asked.

Stefan drops a duffel bag right in front of Nik and I.
''I'm here to make a deal.'' he stated.
'' Stefan, what are you doing?'' Damon,still bloody and hung up with bear traps asked.
''Eight stakes made of white oak. The part of Wickery Bridge that you forgot to burn.'' Stefan ignored his brother, pointing towards the bag.
''That's not possible.'' I said, looking at Rebekah who had confused look as well.

Few days ago, Rebekah and Sage found out that Wickery Bridge was made out of white oak tree and they decided to burn it. Rebekah because she was afraid for her own life, and the life of her family. Sage because she wanted to save Finn.
''Actually it's not. Finn is dead.'' Stefan said and I gasped. I hated Finn, but he was a family. I never wanted him dead.
''You killed my brother?'' Rebekah asked, taking my hand in her own, for support.
''Damon in exchanged for the last eight weapons that can kill you.'' Stefan explained and I looked at him carefully ''And how do we know there aren't any more left?'' I asked.
''Because there aren't.'' Stefan said, no emotions on his face.
''Let's be certain, shall we?'' I said, letting go of Rebekah's hand, walking towards Damon. Before I approached him I glanced at Nik. He looked devastated, he loved his family even though Finn tried to kill us all. I could see that he was hurting.
''Leave!''I said simply.
''No!'' Damon complained.
''Go on! Leave!'' I said once more, smirk on my face.
''Thea, he's my plaything not yours.'' Rebekah pouted. 
''Hush! Rebekak!'' I said, annoyed at this whole situation. I took Damon by the throat looking him straight in the eyes ''I said, go home!'' I compelled him.

Damon starts to pull a wrist out from the snares, peeling the flesh off of it in the process. He screamed in pain and I smiled, wickedly. 
''Alright, stop, stop, stop, before you hurt yourself. Well, seeing that he can finally be compelled. Now.'' I smiled, and then looked him in the eyes again ''Minus the stake that's in my brother in law, how many more stakes are out there that can kill me?'' I asked.
''Twelve.'' Damon said, quietly.
''Twelve! Really? So, not eight then.'' Nik spoke , walking to my side,looking at Stefan.
''You really shouldn't have lied.'' I commented.
''I'll get you the other four'' Stefan said, taking a deep breath.
''Yeah, that'll be nice. Or since you lied, maybe I'll just compel your brother to chew out his own tongue.'' I hissed, walking to him, letting him see the anger on my face.
''What is wrong with you?'' he asked.
''What is wrong with you?! Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe, a target for all of your anger; so you don't have to turn it on yourself. I have given your life purpose, as your friend.'' Nik spoke, angrily. 
''I think you should be thanking us!'' I exclaimed, but Stefan rushed, pinning me to the wall, trying to shove a white oak stake to my heart.
''Step back from my wife!Or you and your brother both die!'' Nik said before I could react.

He loosen his grip on me and I took the stake from his hands ''Thank you.'' I smiled, throwing it towards  Nik. ''There. Now you only have to get me the other three.''

''This is ridiculous.'' Rebekah said, walking over to Damon releasing him from the trap. The older Salvatore fell to his knees.
''What are you doing?'' I asked, walking to her.
''I brought him here. I get to release him. My rules now. Bring us the stakes and you both live. Take your brother as a sign of good faith.'' she said to Stefan, and after that she took the duffel bag walking away.
''Bring us the stakes. All of them. Or I will wage a war against everyone you love. I hope I'm being clear.'' Nik threatened.
After he left, Nik and I walked to the living room where Rebekah stood.

''I can't believe Finn is dead.'' she said.
'' Good riddance. He was an embarrassment, Rebekah.'' Nik said, and I snapped my head at him.
''He was still your brother. Mind your tongue.'' I snapped at him, walking toward the bed to sit down.
''Fine. Let's all say a prayer for Finn, who slept in a box longer than he lived as a man. He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death.''Niklaus said in a mocking voice walking around.
''Is that how you would speak of me if I died?'' Rebekah asked, hurt on her face.
''Well, you let the Salvatores loose with three stakes that can kill us, so I guess we'll find out soon enough. And since when did you have a soft spot for them?'' Niklaus asked, angrily at Rebekah.
''The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other. At least they know what family means. You destroyed ours.'' Rebekah said.
'' I wanted a family. They just didn't want me, and now we're unlinked we're no longer responsible for each other.'' Niklaus said, uninterested.
''Niklaus!'' I scolded,standing up. 
''So...you are leaving?'' Rebekah asked.
''As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone. I'm gonna take Elena and use her blood to create a new family. Of hybrids.'' he said, and I put a hand on my mouth tearing up.
''And what if I decide to stay?'' Rebekah asked.
''Then you're just as pathetic as Finn'' Nik wanted to leave but the thing I said, stopped him

''What if I stay as well?''