The One With The Ball

I sat in the big room surrounded by people who wanted me dead, but who I still loved deeply no matter what.
''Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am.'' Kol joked while looking at himself in the mirror.
''Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled' Rebekah said while staring at her nails.
I walked around the room watching them, preparing themselves for a big ball that Esther decided to organize. 

It was a real Mikaelson move. First thing you should do when you come back to life is organize something epic. 
I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and then looked at my furious husband than just walked into the room.
''You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!' he yelled at Rebekah.
''Here we go again.'' I rolled my eyes.
''Do you want another dagger in your heart?'' Klaus threatened.
'' Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?'' Kol said while sitting back on one of the chairs. 
''Oh, go back to staring at yourself.' Klaus mocked.
''And who are you, my father?'' Kol stood up and I stood in between them. 
''Stop! Enough! Both of you!'' I yelled angerly. '' Or both of you will remain in a box!'' this time,I was the one making threats. I took a deep breath.

''Enough!Niklaus,come.'' Esther called and I rolled my eyes walking past her upstairs into our room.  I had a bad feeling about her, and I doubted that she wanted peace and for our family to live happily forever. 

********

''Mayor Lockwood.'' I smiled politely shaking her hand.
''Miss Mikaelson....'' she smiled as well.
''Mrs.'' I corrected her.
''Oh...right. Sorry.'' she gave me a soft smile ''How do you like it here in Mystic Falls?'' she asks me.
''It's beautiful place for me and my family. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it.''  I said, and then with a corner of my eye noticed Finn talking to Elena Gilbert, I tried to switch my attention to them so I can hear what they are talking about but the rest of the people were too loud.
Finn was always the weird one, we never really got along since he was his mother's pet and the hatred between Esther and myself was well know to everyone.
''If you'll excuse me.'' I say politely, and then I walk up to my husband , who stood at the top of the stairs with the rest of his siblings.
''You look breathtaking my love.'' he smiles.
''Thank you darling.'' I returnd the smile.

''Uh, if everyone could gather, please.'' Elijah started speaking, and in that moment I felt a presence on my other side. She gave ma a small smile and I just looked right in front of me.
'Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance'' Elijah spoke again ''Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom.'' I took Nik's hand and walked to the ball room.

''Something is wrong.'' I said quietly while bowing and then I took Nik's hand and we started dancing.
''What do you mean Thea?Did you saw something?'' he asked,  looking at me carefully.
I shook my head ''No...I mean...I didn't have a vision, but I saw Finn talking to Elena Gilbert.'' I said quietly.
''What were they talking about?'' he asked and I shook my head again ''I don't know. I couldn't hear them.'' I admitted and after that we kept dancing until I was dragged into someone else's arms.
''Finn...''I stated.
''Hello Althea.'' he greeted with a big, fake smile. The moment I touched him I felt shiver going down my spine, I felt pain but kept dancing.

''You must sacrifice yourself Finn. We must end this dissaster.'' Esther said

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He looked at me confused ''What's going on?'' he asked.
''Nothing...just a headache.'' I lied.
''You are a vampire. We don't feel headache.'' he stated, amused.
''Well, I do!'' I defended myself and kept dancing looking him straight in the eyes.
''Well...still the same, petty Althea. Niklaus' little wife...'' he mocked and I rolled my eyes.
''Don't test me Finn.'' I said and bowed one last time since the dance ended.

I turned around and started looking for Klaus but he was nowhere to be seen. So i just walked up to Rebekah and Kol.
''Having fun?'' I asked with a big smile.
''Like always.''Rebekah stated looking at me carefully. She was still mad at me, of course she was, but I just ignored her and flashed a big smile to Kol.
''Well there is my partner in crime.'' he smiled back and then he took my hand giving it a soft kiss.
''How about you help me bring some party to this party? Heh?'' he asked.
''Who are you planing to kill?'' I asked.
''Rebekah's date. Wanna help?'' he asked once more.
''And spit right in the face of your mother's rules?'' I asked raising an eyebrow. ''I'm in.'' I said with a wicked smile.