"'Why not?"

"I dont know, she probably needs to go and use the cruciatus curse on a puppy.'' You joked.

"You joke about it, but it wouldn't surprise me." Malfoy replied. "Do you want to go to the lake?"

"I would but I'm starving." You said looking at him.

"After you finish eating?" He asked and stepped in front of you.

"Maybe." You smiled. Malfoy smirked, it wasn't his usual smirk but more like a smile smirk, if that makes sense.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said.

"Maybe." You repeated and started to walk. You heard Malfoy chuckle behind you and then his footsteps quicken before he grabbed your hand. You turned around with a smile. "Yes?" You asked.

Malfoy looked around like he was checking if the coast was clear then he planted a kiss on your lips. It was only a short kiss but it still made your heart skip a beat.

When you got to the great hall and sat down, Harry, Ron and Hermione bombarded you with questions about Umbridge.

"Disrespecting a member of staff?" Ron laughed.

"I hope we can get rid of her soon, I can't take being in that lesson much longer we arent learning anything." Hermione said.

"Do you think she'll make me write with that quill thing that Harry had to use?" You asked.

"Depends." Harry said. "Unless you persuade her otherwise."

"Great." You said sarcastically.

"I was just being honest and it's best to be prepared." He replied.

"Then I better prepare." You said getting up.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked.

"To hit my hand against a wall." You joked and began to leave.

"That's not an answer." Hermione called after you.

-
You arrived at the lake and saw Malfoy failing to skim stones in the water. You watched him with an amused smile. "Ten out of ten." You laughed clapping slowly.

Malfoy turned around and looked at you. "You try then." He said and threw you a stone.

"Alright." You said and caught it. You skimmed it across the lake as it bounced five or six times. You bowed with a smirk. "It's not that hard."

"I know. I can do it, the stone I threw before was just a bad one." He said.

"Yeah yeah Malfoy anything to not hurt your pride." You grinned and messed up his hair which annoyed him.

He pushed your hand away and ran his fingers through his hair trying to make it look better but you just kept laughing.  "You're annoying." He said.

"I know." You replied and skimmed another stone.

You was taken back when you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist from behind you. You tilted your head up and saw Malfoy's smirk.

"I thought I was annoying." You said.

"You are." He replied. "But you're also cute."

You felt yourself blush as he leaned down to kiss you, but just as his lips was about to touch yours he stopped and made eye contact with you with a smile.

"What?" You asked getting self conscious.

"You can't take a compliment can you?" He said.

"What made you say that? Is it the fact that I am the shade of a tomato?" You laughed.