Kyle had pulled about 6 history books based upon the feud between the two great dragons, and all he could find was stories that he had heard growing up all his life. 

But something that Rondelle had said still bothered him, or at least the way he worded it. He said both parties where involved with this, but Kyle remembered growing up that not on of the Dragonlights took blame on this feud, but stated that it was for their own well fair. 

From all the books that he could find, it did look more one-sided then he thought. He felt rather tired and left the books out to take care of in the morning. Upon doing so, he went up to his room and dozed off to sleep.

The night however, remained well awake

................

Her hair practically bounced all around as she danced her way into the spotlight. Maddie wasn't one to use such words, but the night life was more her deal. Dark Reins loved the dark and she loved it just as much, but wanted to go out into the day as well, but with a lighter cloak on. 

Dark colors weren't the only kind of fabrics sold throughout their little kingdom. She had found some light pinks and a easy going green that would suit her cloak just nicely. If she made the right outfit, then no Dragonlight would stare at her eyes, which where much more telling then her hair. A vibrant green they where, and did they stand out more so then a blue or even hazel. 

She walked along the path throughout the market. There where so much more here then in her market back home. But here they mainly got things from other kingdoms, and back home, they got the leftovers or whatever they could scrounge up. 

Looking around, she found that Dragonlights where more lively during the day, much like her people at night. Her head went all around and she felt alive. And when she heard music, it was a little less upbeat then the music she was used to, but it wasn't too bad to dance to. Especially since a lot of the villagers where already dancing.

So she decided to dance along. Her feet where gliding across the floor as people around her started to stare and went along with her. everything was going just great until she heard a clink on the ground. Looking down, she noticed that a locket she was wearing had come off her neck. Running over, she crouched down and noticed that someone else had went out to reach it. 

Hearing gasps she looked up to see who the hand belonged to and was met with a very handsome man. The gasps kept going and even some girls started to squeal. The man handed it to her and she took it. 

She noticed a shift in his face though, a very odd shift. Her eyes widened, he was looking at the vibrant green of them. 

She clutched the locket to her chest and started to make a run for it. 

"Wait, please, I didn't  mean to scare you," She heard him say as she bolted. She saw knights starting to block her path like she was a common criminal.

"Wait, dont hurt her," He screamed. She noticed the knights tried to stop her and she used this to her advantage and started to jump all throughout and even managed to go over the knights. 

She turned her head ever so slightly and found the man running still, he had just passed the knights and asked if they where ok.

Looking straight ahead, she could just make out the edge of the forest, it was a straight shot. She knew that if she kept running, there would be an issue and she might get caught, especially since she wasn't to familiar with this section of the woods. 

She walked over and decided to hide behind a large thing of shrubbery. Keeping down, she saw the boy walk up to the edge of the forest and looked around. 

The knights came up behind him and looked around. "Where did she go?" one of them asked. 

"She must have been a thief to run away just like that," The other one said. Maddie felt horrible at that remark. 

The man push both aside. "All She did wrong was jump over you two when trying to stop her. She just got scared when looking at me. That is all," He said running a hand through his hair. 

"You can go back to the castle, I will be with you shortly," He said. The knights looked at each other and looked back down at the mans glare. 

Standing up straight, they walked off, and she looked at the man as he sat down on the rock. She tried to adjust her position, she moved the bush. 

The man looked up and around. Taking a deep breath he started to speak to her. "Im sorry for scaring you. I didn't mean to. I did notice your eyes, but I promise I wont hurt you," He said. He sat back down on the rock and she slowly stood up. 

He turned his head and watched as she started to walk around the bush. Then he really got  a good look at her and her clothes. They looked like something that one would wear if they where a Dragonlight. 

But he knew she wasn't, because he saw her eyes and got a really good look at them compaired to the others.

"You promise you wont do anything," She said.  He nodded his head. She pulled her skirt around and adjusted it when she sat on the ground.

Although she wasn't used to wearing something like this, she figured it would be the best for the time being. Adjusting her cloak, she pulled it off her head to reveal her hair. And did it look familiar to the boy.

"Maddie," She said extending her hand. He took it with grace.

"Kyle"

-----------------------------------------------

I know I said I would try too keep up this book, but with school and work and even just getting off spring break, I will do my best as my next semester comes to a close.

~Angel