"hey sanha."

"hyung! it's jisung, we found him!"

hearing his name was like finding a light switch in the darkest of places. minho placed soonie next to him and sat up straight, waiting for the younger to continue.

"he's bleeding, you need to come quick!"

in the background, minho could hear a series of cars passing by and the wind howling. he put the phone on speaker, jumping up from the sofa and grabbing his coat, while also putting on his shoes in a hurry.

"okay, where are you?"

"near the intersection, where the 4419 bus stop is."

"that's only 5 minutes away. don't leave him, i'm on my way."

"okay hurry!"

within 3 minutes, due to minho's lightning speed that he wasn't really used to running, he made it to the corner of the intersection. he spotted jisung, sanha and moonbin at the bus stop ahead of him. he ran to the three boys, gasping for breath while they looked at him worriedly.

"minho oh my god are you okay?"

he only nodded as he couldn't speak, his face had reddened from the cold wind hitting against his face, moonbin holding his shoulder to support him. jisung sat next to sanha on the bench, his head leaning on the boy's shoulder. moonbin stood next to them, his body shivering as he had wrapped his oversized coat around jisung. concern and coldness coursed through minho's body when he managed to catch his breath again.

"jisung! what happened to you, where have you been? i was so worried!"

the boy's head remained low, leaning against sanha's shoulder as if he was asleep but in reality, just extremely weak and tired. minho stood irresolute and looked at moonbin, whose face wore a sad expression. they walked a few steps away from jisung, who was being softly comforted by sanha.

"hyung, what happened to him?" minho asked, whispering.

"we just found him on the corner of the street. we took him here at the bus stop and saw he was bleeding. his hands and his face have cuts on them. i don't know what happened."

"why didn't you call the ambulance or something? take him to a hospital?"

"he said he didn't want to, and some guy, jungkook, would find him. he kept saying your name so we called you."

minho was taken aback, he couldn't believe jisung was really here. somehow the boy managed to elude the clutches of his ex-boyfriend and found his way back home.

minho walked back to jisung, crouched down in front of him, and took his hands into his, careful not to touch his wounds. jisung flinched but minho reassured him he was safe, rubbing circles on the back of his hand like he did on that bus ride last week.

"hey hannie.. it's me. open your eyes for me please?"

jisung broke from his dormant state, hesitantly fluttering his eyes open and weakly lifting his head up, as if awakening from a dream. that's what he thought this was.. a dream. but there minho was, smiling up at jisung like he had never seen anything more perfect. minho's smile never faltered even after seeing the cuts and bruises on jisung's blotched face and dried blood on his knuckles. he was just happy he was alive.