"Awesome." I kissed his cheek. "Hey, maybe I could meet Charlie, too."

He looked like he sucked on a lemon.

"Is that a yes?"

"That's me having an aneurysm."

"I have to meet him at some point. I'm gonna be here all the time — it's basically inevitable."

He sighed. "At some point. At some other point."

Good enough for me. I patted his knee and watched him finish his stupid breakfast.

~ * ~

I cut the engine in the diner parking lot. There were only two other cars. When I turned to Minho, he was already staring at me with his brows flat over his eyes.

"You live in Ma's Diner?"

"No. How do you feel about a lunch date, my love?"

"Is this about breakfast? I'm totally fine."

"Minho, why don't you want to eat?"

"You were bugging me about it before — now I wanna contradict everything you say."

"We can leave, then, let's just starve ourselves."

"Sounds good to me."

"No, you weren't supposed to—" I smacked my forehead. "Look, I'm not an expert on human stuff, but I just want you to be health—"

"AHHHH."

"Holy shit — what the hell?!"

"Just felt like screaming."

"I heard your stomach, Minho, you didn't hide anything."

"Damnit." He held his arm to his forehead as if he were in distress. "I'm so hungry, this has been going on for too long. Why must you keep me from eating, Jisungie, why?"

I collapsed against the steering wheel — it honked and I flinched back. Minho laughed at me.

"I'm so overwhelmed," I said.

He rubbed my back. "I'm sorry, I'm playing with you. I'm just — so happy to be with you. I don't wanna waste any time."

I smiled a little. "I feel the same way."

He smiled back and rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay, let's get in there."

I gasped. "Really?"

"Yeah."

I held his face and kissed him all over. He giggled, craned his head back — I kissed his neck instead. His blood was strong and flowing just under my lips but I didn't pay it any mind. It was kind of thrilling.

Minho laughed again. "Hey, I thought it was lunchtime for me."

"I can't stand you sometimes. I'm totally in control."

"Why couldn't you have been so in-control before? Like when we were alone in my house all morning? Jesus, that feels really good. I've always wanted a boyfriend. I think I've been starved of touch. I took my aunt to junior prom, have I told you that?"

"Um, no. Let's go inside, my love."

"You know what, no, I need more incentive."

"Incentive?"

"One kiss for every step I take. You can pay upfront if you want."

"I don't trust you to keep up your side of the bargain."