Mistakes

“Wake up, Princess Poppy. Rise and shining. Wakey wakey, Princess Poppy! Wake up, Poppy!"

Poppy jumped up in surprise to find herself in her bed with Willow on top of her.

“Wha– how– what happened?!"

“Oh, well, let's see," Willow replied, getting off the princess. “Well, you found me in the woods with a broken neck, took me to a doctor, who said you were pregnant, and you passed out as soon as we left, so I took you home and put you to bed."

“Well, thank you," Poppy said, still in shock. She looked down to her stomach. “How did I get pregnant?"

“Well, you either did the magic dance with one guy, or this is just like Mamma Mia," Willow guessed.

Poppy raised an eyebrow. “What's Mamma Mia?"

“You– you've never heard of Mamma Mia?!" Willow exclaimed. Poppy shook her head. “It's about a girl who's about to get married and finds out she has three dads. Well, just one of them is her actual dad, but no one knows which one."

“Well, I can assure you, this baby only has one dad," Poppy confirmed. “I don't know what to do. I'm not ready to be a mother, I don't even turn twenty for another two months, and what happened between me and Branch was a mistake. Willow, do you have any– Willow?"

“Mistake... Mistake... Mistake... Mistake..."

“Willow? WILLOW!"

“It wasn't my fault!" Willow shouted angrily, much to Poppy's surprise. “Huh? Where am I?"

“Still here, in my house," Poppy answered. “But you blanked out for about thirty seconds, and yelled at me."

“Oh, sorry," she apologized. “I have some anger issues, and occasional flashbacks."

“You wanna talk about it?" Poppy asked.

“Maybe later."

Poppy sighed. “There has to be something I can do about this."

“Well, you do have options," Willow pointed out. “There are some couples who want a baby, but can't have one for some reason. Maybe you can give the baby to one of those guys. Or, at least, that's what I wish my parents did."

“I think you're onto something," Poppy said. “But I can't let the rest of the village know I'm pregnant."

“Eventually, they're gonna know."

“I'll find a way to hide it," Poppy said. “Once I start showing, I'll just have to wear heavy clothes, so no one can see my baby bump, avoid Hug Time, and when I have the baby, they'll just go straight to the adoptive parents."

“It'd be difficult, but perhaps not impossible," Willow said.

“Well, I'm glad I got that settled," Poppy sighed. “Now, I just need to find someone who'll adopt the baby."

“Hey, what about Mrs. Birchwood?" Willow suggested. “She loves babysitting, I'm sure she'd be happy to raise the child as her own."